Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Looking for some tips on getting a somewhat fast sale on my current boat come late spring, early summer. Its a 2001 Tige 20i with about 400 hours on it. What price would you guys pay for this boat? I got it for around 16500 3 years ago. Its in good condition a nick or 2 in the gel coat with a good quality trailer (no rust, new bunk carpet and bumpers).

I was going to list it for 13,000... too high?

Any other tips you guys can give me for quick sale? Should I use Ebay, Craigslist, and onlyinboards? Obviously I need some good quality pics and I will get that done for sure.

Just hoping for some helpful tips from the guys that actually have done this before as I haven't sold a boat before.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-10-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Make sure the boat is VERY clean when you take pics. Extremely clean. Also, i'd list it for 12990 instead of 13k, sounds stupid but it makes a difference. I'd put it on both Craigslist and OIB, personally not a huge fan of ebay for boats.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
As Ian said.... Good clean pics... it might be worth spending a few bucks on a good detail and fixing the gel coat nicks.... I am totally guessing off the top of my head, but I bet $13K would be a fast sale....
Does it have a tower? Boardracks?
If so, list it for 15K and see what happens....
List it on Onlyinboards.com and pay for one of the premier ads. It is worth the money.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
I agree with Ian.

Get it professionally detailed if you have to so it is sparkles, the vinyl is clean and the carpet is shampoo'd. Take good pictuers. Probably 10 or so at minimum. Even if you don't put them in the ad you can put that in your ad that you have good high quality pictures. Take one good picture of each side of the boat on the trailer. This means out of the garage, from enough distance to ge tthe entire boat and trailer in the pic. Then if possible get one good one of the boat in the water, one of the transom so people can see the platform, upper transom and underwater gear, one of the interior from standing on the platform(try to get kind of high like maybe even stand on the transom), one of the interior main area from the bow(same as the previous pic), one of just the bow seating area, one good one of the dash from back aways that shows the dirvers seat and dash, one closeup of the dash. That should be enough to start. If you have tower speakers, bimini, etc... make sure and get picks of those thing on the tower and/or open. If you have covers take a picture of it with the cover/covers on unless the covers are absolutely terrible. If the boat has any aftermarket decals on it take them off and make sure it is buffed out so it doesn't look like it had the other decals. Be willing and ready to show the boat and demo the boat and mention that in your ad. 12,900 sounds like a good price to start. Definetely list it on Ian's site(onlyinboards) and craigslist. If on craigslist make sure to pick at least one good picture of the boat from the side on the trailer on at least one of the interior. Pick 2 other good pictures. As far as constructing the ad go simple and don't add a bunch of commmentary.

Something like:

Title: 2001 Tige 20i W/ Tower Clean

Body:
2001 Tige 20i
20' direct drive ski/wakeboard boat
350mpi Mercruiser engine w/ 400 hours
tower
board racks
tower speakers
amp
sub
heater
bimini
sunbrella towing cover
Tandem trailer
etc...

This boat is well maintaned and in good working order throughout. Boat is ready to be shown/demo. Asking 12,900. Please contact me for further details
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Also, NADA the boat and add every option. If low NADA is higher then what you are going to list it at say something like with options the average NADA value is 16k and low NADA is 14. It at least give the appearance that the boat is a really good deal. Especially if in good shape and with desireable options. Having an average NADA above a couiple thousand over what you are selling it at also means it will be easier to finance for a potential buyer.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
thanks guys... I had the boat detailed when I winterized it... I will take it out a couple times this spring and make sure everything is running good, take some pics, and get it detailed again.

The boat does have a tower w/ speakers & racks...
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
average NADA with my options is 16495.... I will try to start it at 15,000 and go from there
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-10-2012, 6:21 PM Reply   
Pete,

I sold my 2000 Tige 20i for $13,300 in May. For what it's worth, the boat ended up being sold to a guy who lives in a town about an hour north of you. My boat had both pros and cons. Pros, it had a tower, perfect pass, and a 3 year old interior. Negatives, my trailer was not built for an inboard, i had a bad spot on the carpet, the TAPS didn't work, and the hours were unknown. I'd put it on onlyinboards for sure. That's where I bought it and sold it. Make sure you point out to people that its fuel injected. I honestly felt my biggest selling point was that someone could get a 2000 model year with fuel injected for the price of a an early to mid 90's MC with a carb.