Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-01-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
You ppl have my respect, no thanks on the cold water thing. This weekend I opted for wet-sanding, compounding, cleaner-wax and polishing my boat this weekend. Boat basically looks brand new! Hardwork does pay off sometimes. I also de-winterized and fire her up. It's nice to hookup all the hoses, tighten the plugs, add the battery, and turn the key and she fires up within 2 seconds!

Any thoughts on shirts, stickers or anything? I was curious if anyone has checked out CafePress.com. Might be a good place to setup the graphic for stickers, hoodies, shirts etc! this is though, we have to do it now otherwise someone will have to antie up and get some shirts and stickers made!

Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-01-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Hey all, i kinda forgot about this thread then the nice weather remind me so ive been reading up on it and im down for june 3rd. if theres anyway i could contribute just let me know. o, and if anybody has good idea for a slider please let me know!!! me and a friend made a pretty harable one yesterday with some stuff layin aroud, we have some barrels and are looking for a good material for the top. june 3rd sounds awsome
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-02-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Oh yes! The first pulls of the year have happened! The 2006 wakeboarding season is officially under way!
First, big thanks yous to you Dave, from Doreen, Connor and myself for having us out on the Maristar.
We totally owe you and Kyle pull, and that pull is redeemable at a time of your choosing. Hey! Who is this
guy flying through the air??
Upload
Yup, that's Diamond Dave taking a break from the driver's seat to catch a little hang time.

And who's that guy with the helmet??
Upload
Yes indeedy. That's Eustace sailing wake-to-wake.

And who was that wake chick out there showing the boys how to ollie?
Upload
Oh yeah. That was Michele out there in the 55ş water making Pops Lef proud in her neon vest.

And who was the 11-year-old tough-guy in the dry suit workin' the wake?
Upload
When it comes to wakeboarding, a little cold water isn't goig to stop Connor. He was actually the first
one to go in!

I boarded too, but instead of taking pictures Doreen was busy peeling Connor out of his drysuit.
Connor, Michele and me dry suited it. Dave and Eustace wore wet suits. Had JB's shoulder been pull ready,
he probably would have just jumped over the side in his man suit!

Thanks again Dave, for the 2006 season's first day of riding.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-03-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Dave getting some ups! Nice! Man these pics are killing me, wish I had been out with you guys last weekend but soon enough! The weather is breaking and soon the water will be a steamy 60 degrees!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
HEY, where's the helmet??? I'm callin schenanigans on Connor!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
Alex, Nice pics! And you're welcome! Nice to have everyone out for the first run of the year.

I was impressed at Connor.....he wanted the first pull, no hesitation! Lookin' good!

It's going to be 80 tomorrow! (work, boo-hoo)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
Kev, you may want to talk to Alex on the T-shirt thing. He has a guy, and is in the process of getting all the sponsor logos needed for the t-shirts.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-05-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Alright boys, two whole days and no posts...what's going on??

Dave, thanks so much for the pull...I was very happy to be able to start the season (cold and all)

Alex & Doreen, thank you for letting me borrow Conner's dry suit...definitely came in handy. I can't believe I fit into it so well!!

As far as the Yapewi situation goes, still no call back. If I don't hear soon I will just stop by in person.

This summer we already have a lot to look forward to...besides an awesome season of wakeboarding...Manahawkin Meltdown, Horseshoe Huckfest, Wild Bill's, and NJ Riders own June 3rd East Meets West. Plus, lets not forget...HOUSEBOAT. I am sooooooooo excited!!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-05-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. So what can I do for the June 3rd showdown? I figured I could bring some Johnsonville brats (boiled in beer) and whatever else is needed. Maybe the 3B's, beans, beef, and bacon. Let me know.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-05-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Beans, beef and bacon? Off the top of my head I might have went with beer, (wake)boards and babes,
but I'm not a bacon or beef eater! Anyone else have any three B's?

Has anyone noticed that, very quietly, the June 3rd event is less than a month away? I'm working on this event
every day and I'm trying to tie-up as many loose ends as I can. What loose ends? Well, I'm still trying to
get a real PA, I'm close to having Red Bull come and hand-out free samples, I'm still trying to gather sponsor
logos so I can go to press with the shirts, and I close to having a mystery dealer come with gear to demo.
I'm also marketing/promoting the Hell out of this event. We're going to have a lot of stuff going on and we're
going to need bodies there. I'm emailing and posting fliers all over the place, and Sidewayz is about to attach
our flier to an email blast, and soon our flier will be going out to over 2000 people across the country!
One of the event banners has come in (I haven't seen it yet)and another one is due in next week. Like I said,
I am all over this event every day.

I'm hopeful the launching of the Super Air will be this Sunday, followed by the first Turtle Cove assault
of the season. Turtle Cove is real nice and empty this time of year. I'm thinking about using PVC pipe
glue to permanently bond my fat sack quick connects to the fat sack, but that's probably a discussion
for another thread.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Well I for one have been busy, currently typing this from Orlando Florida. I attended an Uber-Geek software conference today, and tommrrow I am planning a little 1/2 at OWC, so this accounts for my not posting!

I would like to help on the Wakefest event but Alex knows I have been a little busy lately.

Anyone got a friend that runs a DJ business that might want to donate time for the day???
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-07-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
hey, were any of you out on the river this weekend? i was keepin and eye out for everyone. it was glass today around 6 pm
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
it's getting warmer..Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Justin,

I noticed that too! How warm until you jump in?
I may have some time this saturday. I'll keep you posted.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-08-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Doreen and I put the boat in Sunday. It was windy and Turtle Cove was a mess. But we found a flat stretch
of deep water in a different area and went for a quick pull. The water was 64ş and with a wet suit 64ş was
no problem at all. I look forward to getting back in the 64ş this weekend!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-08-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
64 eh, nice!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Yes, it's official...the SANTE is in the water, and we are open for business for the 2006 season!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-10-2006, 5:26 AM Reply   
Here is a litle update regarding the Northeast Wakefest:

We have some heavy hitters confirmed to be in attendence for our wakeboarding event!

Pro riders Rusty Malinoski and Brett Eisenhauer will be hanging with the Jersey crew that day, doing some demo rides and hanging out all day.

Also, Robb Reid, a guy known for going absolutely HUGE will be coming down from his school, Global Boarding (http://globalboarding.com/) located in the Hamptons out on Long Island. I cannot stress enough how unreal Robb's riding is. He is bringing with him Austin Langston, a top level international amateur competitor who has some outstanding moves in his arsenal.

Some serious talent is going to be on hand that day!

We are still collecting items for our raffles, but we have at least three boards and countless other items ready to give away throughout the day.

On a related note, I am going to start a new thread just about the Wakefest event. I want to generate more interest for people who might not see this on our message list of nearly 600 posts!

Look for the new thread shortly, but let's be sure to keep this thread rolling along as well.

The vibe is starting to grow here in the Northeast! I can't wait to get my first pull of the season.
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-10-2006, 6:33 AM Reply   
What up guys, sorry I haven't posted for a little bit, summer school, work, my house have all kept me pretty busy, but I just quit my job yesterday, so now I'm open to ride, A Lot. As for the June 3rd event, Tim Snyder will also be coming out with me as will another kid that I go to dental school with, should be good times. If anyone is going out this weekend, let me know.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Holy Cow JB, that's awesome news. Its really shaping up!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
JB, I was just going to suggest another seperate thread about our wakefest, but you beat me to it. Wakefest in only 24 days away!!!

Glad to hear we're going to have some talented riders on the 3rd! I have my video camera ready to go! :-)

Russ, I know you must be itching to get out there and ride. Depending on weather, I may be available this saturday. I'll let you know.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-10-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Needing a pull! I'm a free man in 24 hrs and got some new gear to break in. Alex, Brian....when you guys going out? I'm gonna be in south jersey for the next two weeks. KG, you wanna meet up, need a third?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-10-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Hey Charles. I'm hoping to get out Saturday morning or Sunday morning, but according to this link
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/08050?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared
it's pretty-much supposed to rain every day for about the next week and a half. But if the weather breaks
I'll give you a ring.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
sorry charles, currently in Orlando till sat then I won't be in Avalon till Memorial Day weekend!

oh yea, I hung out with Darin Shapiro on Monday...got a little riding time in too! What a fantastic person he is!
Upload

(Message edited by wakescene on May 10, 2006)
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-11-2006, 4:37 AM Reply   
KG, that is sooooo cool! Great picture!! Guess you are enjoying your time in Orlando.

JB, awesome news! This is going to be such a great day.

I yet again tried to contact Yapewi via phone...still no reply. However, Justin and I will be in Hamilton for our inspection (for the condo we are buying) at 12:00. Afterward I am going to drop by to talk to someone because last week when I was driving by on 295 I noticed people there. Can't hurt! I want to start a list of food/beverages that will be at the event. I know we threw some ideas around, but I think we should figure out more details. As Justin knows, I am a bargain food shopper so I can start looking for the sales now on the items we will need now (and can freeze them if needed). I'll send an email.

Also, Dave and/or Alex...If the weather clears and you are going out (and there's room) let Justin and I know. Maybe we can finally talk her...oops...I mean him...into going in. <-sorry justin, had to do it...
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-11-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Charles, I'm shooting for sunday depending on the weather. Give me a call on my cell.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
Michele,

Don't buy any food yet. Check your e-mail for the reason why.

If weather cooperates, I will be shooting for saturday. I'll give Justin a call on his cell, since I don't have your number (no surprise, I've never had luck with women giving me their numbers) :-(

Yapewi????? You lost me!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-11-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   

I’m looking to get in the water next Saturday so I’ll be asking for some riders to go(Still way to cold for Annette). Spent last Sunday cleaning the boat after its long winter storage and I have a couple more minor maintenance items to do this weekend including 2 more small ballast bags (Every little bit helps!).

I’m meeting with a guy over at Fast Signs tomorrow to work on some stickers for the 3rd.

PS – Great picture KG!!! How was OWC?

(Message edited by eustace on May 11, 2006)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Eustace,

Are you free to ride this saturday?
I'll be away on a camping trip next weekend, so I can't come with you then. Sorry.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-11-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Sorry Dave, this Saturday is booked for me.

BW
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-11-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Brian,
OWC is great, I gotta bunch of new slider marks on my board and a whole bunch of new sore muscles. I am gonna be in really good riding shape for June 3rd I know that much!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-11-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
Yep, it's probably going to rain all weekend. It seems the early season is always rainy. But not being out on
the boat will give me time to work on the house and to prepare for the June 3 shingdig. I'm glad to see Dave
and Michele planning the event's bill of fare. I'm working on several different things for this event, but
food totally isn't one of them. Again, I'm glad you guys are doing it. In your planning I suggest you
think big. I've done some number crunching and I can easily come-up with about 40 people in our core crew alone.
I think there could be 100 poeple coming to this thing! With 100 people, or even 75 people in one place, one person
standing there cooking hotdogs on a hibachi may not cut it. Think big. Think outside the box.

As part of my promotional push I've been mailing out fliers to a variety of addresses that I get off the internet.
This had already led to emails being sent to the wakefest email address. In addition to Robb Reid coming in from
Long Island, I've been contacted by another Long Island crew that's going to make the trip out, bring their
X-10, girls and the whole crew! Pretty cool, huh?!

On another promotional note, the Sidewayz email blast containing a promotional blub (penned by yours truly)
about our event began going out this week to over 2000 different Sidewayz dealers in the US and Canada.
One went to even went to wakescene.com! If anyone's interested in seeing it, just email me and I'll forward it.

I'm hopeful I can hook-up with Pops Lef sometime over the next couple weeks and get my trailer brakes repaired
before the big June 3 tow. Hey! Is this June 3 event going to have a cigar tent?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-12-2006, 5:23 AM Reply   
Unless it's raining, I'll be hitting Bordentown around 10 am.
Anyone in the "usual" crew is welcome.
(Alex & fam., Justin, Michele, JB, Woody, George,
Russ, etc.)

Alex, Michele & I will handle the provisions!
(It's what I do!) I guess I'd better bring the "Weber" for all those dogs!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-12-2006, 5:34 AM Reply   
Uh...that should have read "promotional BLURB"
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
Dave, I checked the weather for Saturday and it's looking like it's going to be cloudy at most, around 72 degrees. I love that Michele called me a girl! What can I say I don't like cold water. But I also don't know how much longer I can go without riding! I'm sweating over here to get in, and I haven't been posting much since we've been so busy with the new condo we're buying, work, and other stuff! not to mention i didn't have much to say!

i applaud all of you on your efforts to make this event grow as big as possible. at first i thought this event was going to just be us east riders meeting the west riders to a day of fun free-riding, but now it's turned into a huge gathering of riders coming from all over! it's going to be huge, and i cannot wait to meet all the new people and especially get to see some pro level riders in person! i've always been envious of those that have comps close to them all the time, now we have our own little event! pretty awesome!

anyway, i might be down to get some riding in if you're going. Let me know. Give me a ring on my cell, you have the #.

KG, glad to hear OWC was awesome, and you got to chill with darin shapiro. you've already started your summer tan i see!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-12-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Dave: I don't know if it will be me, Doreen and Connor, or me and Doreen, or just me, but if you're going
out Saturday morning I'll be there. I'll give you a ring around 8:00am and we can discuss all the relative
final decisions.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-12-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Alex and Justin,

It's for sure, 10 am at Bordentown. Give me a call anyway.
Russ? JB? Are you guys up for riding saturday?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-12-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
Hi my friends, 19 and counting! Almost to excited to sleep :-)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Hey Dave we finally got the boat out of the yard and starting to clean it up. I hope to get out soon. I will take you up on a ride soon. hopefully before the June 3 date. I would like a little practice.

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Justin, after the 18holes we played today, you should see my farmers tan now...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-13-2006, 4:20 AM Reply   
Ok, it's sat. morning, a little overcast but they say no rain until 4-5pm and NO WIND!

I'll be at Bordin'-town at 10am.

See you guys there!
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
yeah i live in florence and i own a dock right on the river and im building a slider and im going to try to bring it up there during the meet or im gonna have some people come to my dock to session it
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
Dave,

Thanks for the pulls today, it was nice to get the rust to start breaking loose from the joints and get back into the swing of things.

It was also nice to finally meet Alex, Doreen, Justin, and Michele.

We had a good time, water and weather cooperated with us, no rain and water stayed fairly smooth the entire time.

Looking forward to the 3rd, and Alex if you need help this weekend let me know, Sunday will most likely work the best for me though, as I'm going to the Red Sox/Phillies game Sat. night.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
Your welcome Russ, anytime.
Nice to be out once again with "the gang"!

I always enjoy watching/pulling other riders.

Doreen/Alex, Can't wait to see some of those pics. Alex, let me know if you need help with pulling your boat out June 2nd, I'll be available.

Gerald, you have a dock on the river? Hmmm. We might need that dock June 3rd as home base for the pro-ride demo. Where is it exactly? (Are you north or south of the Florence public ramp?)

Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-14-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
im alittle north im the only dock on the nj side on that part of the river its like 300 yards up from the florence marina yeah u guys can come down when ever
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2006, 4:24 AM Reply   
Anyone have an actual count of how many boats will be there?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-16-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
I count 11 from our core group + a few of the dealers, but I know there's got to be more. I'm thinking like 20!

Doreen, did you or Alex get any good shots from Saturday?
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
is anybody riding this weekend by florence and boardentown
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Justin,

I got a few good shots of you and Russ. I'll try to post them tonite.

Gerald, I know exactly where your dock is. Is it okay with your folks if 10-20 boats tie-up to your dock for a while on June 3rd? :-)
Is your dock accessable at low tide?
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
theres no problem about boats being tied up and all its just it needs to be high tide to pull up to it we would have to anchor if it was low tide
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
yeah does any one know what the best stuff is to use for the top of a slider so it will slide real well cause i found out plain wood sux
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
Here's some pics from saturday.....Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Sorry about the size.......my first time re-sizing. I guess I went too big!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Let's try 3 more.....Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Blurrrrry! So sorry!

#2 of Justin and the last pic of Russ are the best ones.
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
That last pic of me looks like I'm getting ready to take a crap. Man I am getting no pop off the wake, and I don't even know what was going on with that three. For the sake of all that is pure, please don't post anymore pictures of me, at least not right now, I need about 7 months to get all the rust out of me, I suck.

Elias, use trex lumber made for decks, it has a plastic composite in it that allows you to slide well, but isn't to slick. It can be fairly expensive, and make sure to use counter sinking screws.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
I'm sorta jealous of you all from these pics.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-16-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
Once again, a thousand thank yous to Dave for having us out on his super spacious cruiser this past Saturday.
I love going out on other peoples' boats! And despite a long standing reluctance to board in the Delaware
River, I'm actually starting to like it! The deep, not salty water (it's important to note that I did NOT
call it "fresh water") is a nice change from shallow and salty Turtle Cove. I look forward to having the
Super Air out there on June 3. Speaking of the Super Air, it's been running cold. Thus, I ordered a new
thermostat from Discount Inboard Marine and I'll be installing it this weekend. Also on the agenda for this
weekend is the completion of the BM5k installation on Sunday. Like last time, if anyone wants to
come to 60 Sylvia to watch KG work his stereo instation magic, come on! I'm not sure if the porch floor
will already be painted or not Russ, but you can come over and hang anyway if you feel like making the
drive. Also, Sidewayz has chosen me as part of a hand-picked focus group to provide feedback on new wakeboarding
DVDs. If we have a group of people together on Sunday perhaps we can take 45 minutes to stop and watch a totally
brand new wake DVD and then take a minute to fill-out a short questionnaire. I think the more feedback Sidewayz
can get on these advance copy videos the better. Let me know people.

Finally, June 3 is really coming together, with all the organizers really stepping-up to the plate to make
things happen. I recently called Bordentown again to iterate exactly what we have planned for June 3.
Barbara there said we should be ok as long as we don't have like 300 people there, as long as it doesn't get
out of control and as long as we clean-up after ourselves. She even put me on hold to present the situation
to her supervisor, and she returned to once again say we should be ok. Of course, I concluded the
conversation by inviting her down to check it all out! Speaking of conversations, I had a conversatino with
a guy who is doing some extreme show on HGTV (don't laugh) and he was VERY interested in our event. He said
it's too late in the game for HGTV to get involved this year, but he's definitely be into being there
next year. Just like with 95.9 Rat Radio, I'm sowing the seeds now to reap bigger sponsor participation
next year.

I know, I know...Russ asked not to post any more pictures of him. But, this isn't an action shot!
It's just Justin, Russ and I hangin' in Dave's boat this past Saturday, Three Amigos style.
Upload
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
Alex that would be awesome to watch a new DVD from Sidewayz! I'm down for that. I think pretty soon you're going to be the next JB in the wakeboarding world. You're really getting your name out there.

I think Michele and I will stop by on Sunday to watch the installation and I can lend a helping hand if need be if that's ok. We don't have anything planned and it'll be nice as usual to hang with the crew.

And I want to thank Dave again as well! It was absolutely awesome just being out on the water with everyone again and watching other's ride and getting some pulls as well. (however my performance was horrible.) Just need to get more pulls in and get comfortable.

Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-17-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
Gerald, I have seen a lot of guys use PVC pipe as the top of a slider, plastic usualy slides well, especially when wet(there is a joke in there somewhere, just trying to wrestle it down)
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-17-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
yeah but i would need alot this slider is gonna be big and i think i found the stuff anyway im gonna use the white hard board u use for like marker boards i think that should be pretty good
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Note*

Take a look at the width of Dave's wake on the Maristar.. IT'S SO WIDE!

Upload
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-17-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Look who’s sporting a new ride!!!! Ant has been all about wanting to wakeboard since he saw Connor ride.

Upload

Alex, that is some cool stuff! I wish we could make it down this weekend but Annette and I are doing an overnight in Philly, dinner and little nightlife for her birthday.

My Moomba is ready to go. I got the raw water strainer installed and took care of the other items that needed attention last weekend. I will be out on the water next weekend for sure!

Funny thing with that brown river water! It just keeps calling you back huh?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Dave's wake is the exact same with as my Maristar 210. Same boat infact except Dave has 2 extra feet right behind the drivers seat!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-17-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Wow! The Antman has a new wakeboard! The next generation. Very cool. But Ant better get his sneaker off
the coffee table before Mom sees it and freaks! Speaking of Mom, please pass along
birthday well
wishes to Annette from Doreen and I.

Now for a pinch of clarification. The video Sidewayz sent me to preview is a Lipslide production,
not a Sidewayz production. In addition to being on the cutting edge of wakeboard video production,
Sidewayz is also a worldwide video distributor. They're looking for feedback on videos made by other
production companies to use as a very subjective barometer to help project popularity, to plan inventory levels,
to forecast potential sales numbers and to hopefully discover the target demigraphic where their advertising
dollars would be best spent.

Me the next JB? Funny Justin! But JB is singular and peerless. There's only one Shaun Murray, there's
one Tony Finn, and there's only one Jeff Barton. I'm just some smooth talking fearless shmuck from north Jersey
who has no problem calling anyone at all in order to make positive things happen for my New Jersey
wakeboarding brethren.

Any trip out to Turtle Cove this Saturday would begin with a 2:00pm push-off, but I may not have my crew!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
only 1 minor blemish and the BM5k will get it's final coat of paint tomorrow! Sat Clear Coat and wiring, Sun installation, sweet!

Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
I got some great news today!
After 4 months on injured reserve, I got clearance from my doctor to resume any and all activities that will lead to my next major injury.
This means I can FINALLY go wakeboarding again!
To say I'm jonesing for a pull is an understatement.
If anyone is riding this sunday, please let me know. I will show up on time and will bring gas with me.

I hope someone can spare a spot for this stoked wake mooch!

JB
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-18-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
That is so awesome Brian! I can't wait to see Ant ride, I love watching little ones with the stoke to go riding!

Michele, Mr. Lef. and I hit the river yesterday for our first outing in the newly renovated Super Air Antique(minus 2 cushions that need to be done). But it was a test run to get the bugs out, see how the tower holds up, and get Mr. Lef out there on his board for the first time. We had a great time, water was a brisk 59-61 degrees, Mr. Lef and I shorty'ed it and were fine, Michele had a full suit and was cold but she hung in there. It was awesome being able to just shoot to the ramp after work and get in some riding! I'll post some pics later tonight.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-18-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
Jeff, I'm going out saturday at 11 and your more than welcome to go if you want.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
GANG! Always a pleasure to have you along for some riding and schenanigans!

Happy birthday to Annette!

And congrats to Ant on the new board! Rock on!
(You'll like riding that better than the 'ol rockin' horse by the fireplace!)

Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-19-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
Great news Jeff!! It will be great to see you ride again.

Alex, either way...Lipslide or Sidewayz...it'll be awesome to get the sneak peak! It's exciting, the BM5k and the Super Air Antique should both be completed this weekend (hopefully we'll have my Dad's boat done saturday).

Brain, tell Ant I said congrats on the new board and I can't wait to see him out there...
And tell Annette happy birthday! Enjoy the weekend away!
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-19-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Hey guys/girls. I just found out I've gotta spend three weeks in Philly next month. Any advice on where I might be able to catch a pull on the weekends. I'm not that good but I'm hooked and am not sure I'll be able to go 3 weeks w/o getting out.
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
First off, I'm sorry you need to spend three weeks in Filthadelphia, and second there are a lot of people that would most likely be more than happy to give you a couple pulls while here. When you do you arrive in Philly, and where you going to be staying, as there is a fairly big wakefest going on June 3rd, up by Trenton, NJ which is only about a 25-35 minute drive.
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-19-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I'm actually gonna be in Malvern which is 25 miles west of Philly. I don't arrive until June 5.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-19-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Woody, I'd really like to come get my first pull of the season on Saturday with you. However, I am obligated until about 2:15, which would put me up in Bordentown around 3 PM. Will you guys still be riding then?
(I have my fingers crossed that you will be!)

Brian, tell Annette happy birthday. Hope you guys have fun on your Philly outing! And I can't wait to see Ant ripping it up on his new board!

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
WOW, so cool Jeff! I really can't tell you're stoked to go riding though? Are you sure you want to ride? (j/k) I know you're ecstatic!

The Super Air Antique will be done this weekend. I'm determined!

Jeff I think Alex is planning on going out Saturday at 2pm also. The water is chilly, we were out Weds. but you should be ok with a shorty. Just jump in, don't think about it and the initial shock clears in about a minute. However all this rain might drop the temp even more.

Anyways, enjoy the weekend everyone! We'll be down @ Alex's Sunday for the installation party.

Woody, Russ was telling me you'll be going out after work soon. Anytime you're out let me know. I'm 10 mins from the ramp and I get off @ 5pm.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-19-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, I well defiantly pass on the well wishes. Her B-day is actually on June 7th but with our much anticipated Wakefest just around the corner we decided to do celebrate ahead of time.

Elane, if you can move up your travel arrangements by a couple of days you could make the 1st annual Jersey Riders Wakefest! It is sure to be a good time. From the Philly Airport you can be at the event site within an hour. Anywho I’d be glad to give you a pull when you get to town.

That is Great news JB! Get rippin…
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Turtle Cove Saturday afternoon? Turtle Cove Sunday morning? Bordentown Saturday? I'm still not sure
where the wakeboard adventure will carry me this weekend. If anyone's got any ideas, give me a holler.
Otherwise, KG, Justin, Michele...see you Sunday.
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Alex, I won't be able to make it down on Sunday, I forgot I had a physiology test on Monday that I need to study for. Save the floor from being painted, and I'll make it down next week for sure, and help out on it.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
Jeff, I'm sorry but by then I have to be somewhere else , but that dosn't meant that we can't hook up real soon. I not only like to ride on weekends but try to go after work and will be looking for people. That means you too Justin & Michele, I also work till 5 and get to the boat around 5:20, so that work's out well.

Alex, maybe I'll see you out on the river saturday?