Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (blinerinbrazil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-19-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me where the Idle Air Control mechanism is mounted on a ´04 GM TBI 310 hp motor? Also if you have a picture of it could you please post it? thanks
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
It should be mounted on the side of the throttle body and will have a 4-way square plug. It screws in and the body is something like a 1-1/4" hex.
Old     (blinerinbrazil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-19-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
Uhh Sorry to sounnd dumb but what is a throttle body and where is it? Is the throtle body the part where the injectors are mounted on? Sorry but I'm just a layman.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
The throttle body is the TBI. It's the part that hold the throttle plates and what the throttle cable attached to and pulls on. On top of the throttle body, you will see the 2 electrical fuel injectors. Not sure if your boat is a DD or V-drive, but on car version of that unit, the IAC will be located on the drivers side of the TB.

It's not uncommon for them to gum up and stick causing low idle, stalling, high idle, etc. Take it out and clean it real good with a can of carb cleaner and an old tooth brush. That should fix any issue as this style IAC is pretty bullet proof and typically dont fail.
Old     (blinerinbrazil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-20-2009, 4:50 AM Reply   
Yeah, my boat is stalling at take off and causing high idle.
My boat is a direct drive. Will I need any type of gasket? How many screws do I have to unscrew?
thanks,
Old     (blinerinbrazil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-20-2009, 5:02 AM Reply   
also, is it a valve or a motor?
thanks,
Old     (blinerinbrazil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-20-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
I am posting a picture of my motor with an arrow pointing at what I think is the IAC. Can anyone confirm this for me? thanksUpload
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-20-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
That is indeed the IAC, just the newer style that what I thought you had. There should be 2 small screws with a phillips/flat head combo. Use a quality screw driver as they typically have loctite and the heads will strip easy. There is a rubber o'ring on the IAC, so look for it as you pull it out. It should be fine to reuse, just make sure not to pinch it when reinserting.
Old     (blinerinbrazil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-20-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Great thanks TigeMike!!!!