Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-02-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
hopefully now the BCS will look a little harder at the little guys. 9000 total student population and they showed up like they are huge state school.

how about those helmets!? classy stuff

http://www.spitbloodtcu.com/2010/12/...l-helmets.html
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-02-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
Where's the president from Ohio State now? That is the same Wisconsin team that beat down the Suckeyes. If ever there was ever a moment of a person placing their foot in their mouth, that was the time. What a horse's ass.

Way to step it up TCU.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-02-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
hahahaha, The Ohio State University didn't play the horntoads, kinda wish they would have, they would get destroyed in the big ten(sorta like michigan is getting killed), thats why they went with the big east. Hopefully another top of the line high school senior quarterback will sign up with the Ohio State University and pull them through next year!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-02-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
hahahaha, The Ohio State University didn't play the horntoads, kinda wish they would have, they would get destroyed in the big ten(sorta like michigan is getting killed), thats why they went with the big east. Hopefully another top of the line high school senior quarterback will sign up with the Ohio State University and pull them through next year!
Joe, how do you figure? I agree that TCU probably wouldn't go undefeated if they were in the Big10, big12, pac10 or SEC but they would probably right at the top of the Big10 with Wisconsin and tOSU. Crap, they beat Wisconsin who beat tOSU. TCU is a hell of a football program right now. I don't think it was their choice to go to the Big East over the Big 10. Were they even offered by the Big10? Just like the PAC10 the Big10 probably didn't offer them because of the size of the school, religious affiliation and lack of other sports programs. The only reason to bring to a BCS conference is that they are a good football program currently and would give the conference the Dallas/Ft Worth TV market. That being said I am guessing there are far more Oklahoma and Texas fans in Dallas then TCU fans.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-02-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
LOL not right now there's not. You can't spit here without hitting some douche wearing TCU gear. The bandwagoners here are ridiculous. Before last year, it was near impossible to find anyone wearing purple or any place other than campus that even sold it. Now it's in every walmart and every typical walmart customer is laced head to toe in the stuff.

That being said, I'm glad TCU won being from the area, but I'm not going to deck myself out in gear for a university myself or my immediate family members never attended. I never understood that.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-02-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
IT was a tough game for me to watch.... All I can think about is that missed field goal...... uggg.
and when they needed a 2pt. conversion to tie it up, WHY WHY WHY not mash it in there with Clay?! He was averaging 6+ ypc.... so dumb.
..... I remember playing against Clay in the state football game for our high school, kid was a monster

TCU played great though.... it was a fun game to watch
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-02-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Nick, I was thinking the same thing about the 2 point conversion. Overall, I thought that Wisconsin's play calling was poor.....yea TCU!

I too would have liked to see TCU play the SEC or Big 10. It would have been nice to see TCU either give the "bigger" boys a tough game, or defeat one of them. Either way, those teams would just offer excuses.......
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-02-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
"The Ohio State University didn't play the horntoads, kinda wish they would have, they would get destroyed in the big ten"

I brought up the president of Ohio State because if I am not mistaken, he made the comment that Boise State and TCU do not deserve a BCS bowl because they play "the sisters of the poor (or something along that line)". Interestingly enough, BSU had a stronger strength of schedule than OSU. And I really like your reasoning Joe, TCU just beat a team that beat OSU by two touchdowns a few weeks ago.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-02-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
The Big Ten is like the NFC West.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-02-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I agree the only difference is that the a bunch of people thought the Big10 was good. Everybody has known all year that the NFC West was terrible.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
http://deadspin.com/5727680/tcu-bill...-best-comeback too funny
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Friggen awesome.