Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (shazalusose)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-07-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
I can't seem to get the handle pass on a TS 360. Anyone know any good tips on getting the handle pass in?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-07-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Keep the handle in closer to your front hip as you leave the wake. That very thing is what got me to be very consistent with this trick.

Do the first 180 on the way up but keep pulling the handle around to your back hip so you do the second 180 on the way down. You really don't have to rotate near as far as you think to land these so don't be freaking out about the handle pass right off the wake. I don't pass the handle until right as I'm landing. Doing a later handle pass will also keep you from slipping out on your heels. If the boat is 12 o'clock...then I'm looking at about 8 o'clock when I land. Do not worry about getting your head back around to the boat before you land.

Good luck!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Do you think it is easier to learn a TS 3 or a HS 3
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-07-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
TS 3 a million times over IMO. It is much easier to initiate your spin as you're twisted up in your TS edging position plus it seems much easier to set your spinning axis.

The only thing harder with the TS version is the landing. You're basically landing blind and people often slip out on their heels. Pushing your chest out on the landing and doing a later handle pass can fix that problem.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-07-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Disclaimer: Of course my opinion is based on the assumption that you can do consistent TS w2w jumps and have decent form understanding the progressive edging concept.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Ts is easier as you are unspinning instead of having to iniatiate the spin.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2007, 12:11 AM Reply   
have you guys been discussing a backside or frontside ts 3 ?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Frontside TS 3. There aren't too many people here doing backside TS 3's I'm guessing.
Old     (shazalusose)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Fronside for sure. I'll start trying backside after I get frontside down.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-15-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
Actually the first 3 i ever did was toeside backside.

once you get the first 180 the rest comes together pretty much...

but h/s f/s is much easier in my opinion