Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    krizzpy            06-23-2002, 2:28 PM Reply   
I just started wakeboarding, and today i went back out and when i was out there i noticed that my left hip area was starting to get really tired...i dont know if its how i have my bindings or how i have my weight distributed or what can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong? Oh yea my right foot is the one on the front.
Old    krizzpy            06-23-2002, 2:31 PM Reply   
Oh yea and im having alot of trouble going toward the left wake or turning to the left if you will, i can go to the right no problem what so ever. Can anyone give me some tips on this to?
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-24-2002, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey Aaron, what's probably happening is you are leaning too far back. If its your back hip that's starting to hurt, that may be the problem. Try to distribute your weight almost evenly on the board, I know people say 70 rear, 30 front, but I personally have most of my weight on my front foot when I'm just riding. If your hip is still hurting I would play with binding position some.
As for cutting to the left, that would be toeside for you, its a bit tricky at first. You have to really pull the rope to your right hip and lean your hips over your toes, try to keep your body straight. Don't just bend over at your hips, you have to lean with your whole body. Put weight on your toes and try to tip your board up on its edge some, that will make you cut.
Hope this helps some. I will have tips on hs and ts edging up soon on Ladyboarder.com if you want to check them out. Its not just for ladies anymore.
If you have questions feel free to post them or email me. thelandroid@yahoo.com
Later
Tiffanator
www.ladyboarder.com
Old    krizzpy            06-24-2002, 12:11 PM Reply   
Alright that makes alot of sence, but you said something about binding position...since i have no one here to help me out with wake boarding...i have to ask all of you. What would be the best foot position for me? i weigh 155 and im 6' right now my bindings are pracitially parallel with ecah otherthere both straight, but yet slightly pointed away from each other. How should i have them set? and my right foot is dominate.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-24-2002, 5:33 PM Reply   
That kinda depends on your personal riding style, its something you have to develop. Next time you are out pay attention to how your feet feel and what they are doing. If your front foot starts to hurt and you notice it is pushing against the outside of the boot, you need to adjust it more. When I set up boots for beginners I usually start with both boots turned out half way. If you are coming from slalom skiing you may want your front foot out more, from snowboarding you may like your feet more parallel. You really just have to play with it some to figure it out.
later
Tiffanator
www.ladyboarder.com
Old    punkerjeffy            06-24-2002, 11:40 PM Reply   
kyle schmidt from TWC taught us to jump straight up and once you land look at your feet. They will be in a natural position for you.
Old    krizzpy            06-26-2002, 8:44 AM Reply   
HEy im still having trouble cutting throught the wake on TS and i cant figure it out...everytime i try i fall on my back and i get up and try it agin but i dont knwo what im doing wrong, I try to keep the handel at my hip the whole time but i still mess up....any other pointers?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-26-2002, 9:10 AM Reply   
Can you get someone to videotape you riding? That's probably the best way to figure out what you're doing wrong. TS is hard for a lot of people - I've been riding for a while and I still have problem clearing the wake TS, but I'm working on it.

Practice your TS cuts going away from the wake. Roll your knees forward to make sure the board is on edge and you should be able to cut hard. Don't bend at the waist, lean away from the boat. Once you're comfortable doing that, try it coming at the wake. But don't cut out wide, take a small cut like 5 - 10' out then cut into the wake TS. Just keep practicing because it may take some time.

And lastly, watch some videos in slow motion and check the form of pro riders, and check out an instructional video such as Detention.

Good luck.