Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-16-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
I let my boat sit in the drive way and lo and behold --mildew. I have removed the majority of it but there are little tiny black spots about the size of pin prick. Any idea how to get them out. I have used babes and general mildew remover.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-16-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
Could it be spider poo? It sounds like that's what you're describing. It's harder to get off of vinyl than mildew. Have you tried your cleaner with a scrub brush?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-16-2010, 10:26 PM Reply   
Have you tries the Malco Leather & Plastic Cleaner?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-17-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
+1 for Malco. Spray it on and let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then use a scrub brush and wipe off. The only problem with Malco is that once you hit one spot, it will make the rest of your vinyl look filthy, cause it cleans so well.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-17-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
ordered the Malco's--- will let you know how it works.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2010, 5:26 AM Reply   
Just an FYI that these things are miracle workers at preventing mildew....

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...?pid=8098&BASE
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Just an FYI that these things are miracle workers at preventing mildew....

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...?pid=8098&BASE
Hmm, I think I need to put these in my rear lockers. I cleaned my boat today after letting it sit from the weekend and not airing it out and my rear lockers had mold built up in the carpet, not cool. Now I will be ensuring that I air the boat out after each use.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
SPIDER POO! IDK why that sounds so funny.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-20-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
pretty sure is is not spider poo. I have a tarantula while in college

Spider 'poop' ranges from black through pinkish tan to whitish and comes in small drops. It is waste from the digestion of food. Spiders do not have separate urine and feces, and their droppings consist largely of guanine, which is a component of DNA and found in all living things.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Magic Eraser - get it at the market
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-21-2010, 4:23 AM Reply   
Dura-Gloss #541 Mildew Buster.