Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
My 2005 Wakesetter has a swivel bolster seat with the cushion that raises up to give the driver a higher look. But I've found that it is still not high enough for me and that I am almost standing up when I drive. What are some good options to make the seat higher? An additional cushion (if so, can you provide a link please) or maybe a different type of base for the seat itself. Let me know, thank you
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-07-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
Space the seat up on the swivel base using aluminum heavy square tubing or treated plywood panels. Changing the foam on the booster part of the cushion to something very stiff might give you another inch.

Something you may not have thought of is adding weight to the bow or installing a wakeplate if you don't have a wedge. You have got to be really high to not see out when your on the raised booster.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-09-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Why can't the boat companies put a seat in that can telescope up and down?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
I'm all for an adjustable height seat. Maybe someones got something that works.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-10-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
.....dont know how tall you are....but try puutting more weight in the bow then you should be able to see fine.........sorry just saw arts second half of post!

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on September 10, 2007)
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-10-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
Last year I had a custom made booster seat fot my girlfriend that put her up 8" so she could see better while driving.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-10-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
try one of these, just kidding, its late and i needed a good laugh before bed,

Upload

but seriously check it out, dulling beer holders!!!
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-11-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
Bryan, that thing is sweet!!! You know where I can get one?

Patrick, I have an 05 Wakesetter as well and am six feet tall. Sometimes I feel the same way as you, and it is typically only when I first start off and am not on plane or when I don't have enough weight in the bow. Like others have commented, this boat needs weight up front. I always have 6 pop bags up front. Sometimes I will fill the front ballast even when not riding if I have alot of people in the back just to eliminate some of the bow rise. Before I figured out how to eliminate some of the bow rise, I used to roll up a towel and put it on the seat to give me a little boost. Hope this helps.
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-11-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
We have the same issue, but my wife just sits on our square life preserver pad thingy. For her, I think the windshield frame also gets in her way, so she likes to be above that.