Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (piggie)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2010, 2:02 AM Reply   
I'm going to see a guy tomorrow night about fitting some kind of wheels or something to the back of my trailer on the bit under the prop, As everytime i back up my driveway it hits the concrete and is making a bit of a mess , Does anybody have any pictures they could post of there trailers with the little wheels or rollers on them so i can show the guy exactly wat im talking about , Thanks in advance
Old     (piggie)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2010, 3:36 AM Reply   
Ok found out they maybe called skid wheels . But not having much luck on google image search to find the same fitment i am looking at , Have seen a few pics on here with them fitted but they are not exactly clear or up close ..
Old     (piggie)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2010, 3:39 AM Reply   
Oh good news Just found this http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ht=skid+wheels but wondering if there are any more ideas out there ..
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2010, 5:27 AM Reply   
Check out trailer supply shops in your area. Not semi shops, but places that sell enclosed trailers like vintage, renegade, hallmark etc... Myself and lots of other racers put them on our trailers to save them at gas stations tracks etc... I forget how much they run, but go with a sollid alum or steel wheel as pictured. plastic ones will just bend and crack.
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
Also they do make wheels that are about 1-2ft long. Just one of those make work under your prop and distribute weight more evenly.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-22-2010, 5:30 AM Reply   
They are called Castors also. Any welder can add them to your trailer, as long as he knows where to buy the castors / wheels themselves. I would go to a trailer shop, one that makes trailers in house, to look for them myself. They will know exactly what you need.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-22-2010, 5:42 AM Reply   
Found one at Etrailer.com

http://www.etrailer.com/p-10-4216.html
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-22-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
They're called prop cage rollers; California Trailers
Attached Images

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-22-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
Dont waste your time with any other wheel material other than cast iron. I bought mine from McMaster-Carr. 1000lbs capacity each and a zerk fitting so you can grease them. Lemme see if I can get a pic...
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-22-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
if you adjust the height of your tow ball just before you up the drive way you can angle your trailer to avoid the concrete on the drive way
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-22-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
Agree with the comments re metal wheels. Mine are hard plastic, and they do not hold up.
Old     (piggie)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-23-2010, 2:42 AM Reply   
thanks all .. i found some little nylon wheels today similar to razzmans pic and got 2 of them for $10 .. got to the shop tonight but the guy reckons he can make some out of some nylon tube thing he has and they will slip up under the trialer and be out of sight .. will let you all know how i get on and add pics once done I dont want anything other than nylon otherwise it will possibly mark the coloured concrete driveway, its the only time that it ever hits so the nylon should still last a while, Cannot adjust towball height as it is in a fixed position
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-23-2010, 6:29 AM Reply