Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-06-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
i bought some bindings from a guy off of ebay... some 04 large parks... the jerk forgot to mention that the overlays were ripped... i understood they were used and he said they had a little wear on the straps and they do but they will still work fine...its just got this big gash in the overlays...has anyone had something like this happen to them...will paypal cover this in their insurance???
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-06-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
Even if paypal doesnt cover it, Hyperlite should warrantee it no questions, right?
Old    mendo247            12-06-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
lol.. i predict a sighting..

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
The best way to avoid that from my experience is to purchase using auction sniper. They allow you to buy insurance with them for instances like this. At least they used to. Going thru square deal or whatever eBay calls it when you're ripped off is a waste of time. Been there done that, total waste of time.
Old    djjstylz            12-06-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
I would have to say the guy is just an ass an didn't tell you on purpose. As much as I love ebay and haven't had a problem there yet, these are the asses that you have to watch out for. I would say try to go through hyperlite as if you are the original owner, they probably won't question it and warranty it.
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-06-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
is it possible to do this through hyperlite and them not question me being the original owner??? ive had over 200 transactions on ebay and no problems...i guess ive been lucky..guess the luck ran out
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
i bought a phone and it had no esn or gps thing in it so i wasn't able to activate it.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-06-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
File through ebay. I had similar happen to me. They repaid me.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-06-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
Paypal will reverse the payment if you start a case. It is super easy. Send the bindings back , provide proof of delievery, and then you can start demanding a refund. Paypal took care of me.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-06-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
WHOA.

I sold you those parks dude, and I saw this post before I even saw your email......which only calls me sneaky and doesnt attempt any sort of communication whatsoever.

Here is the link to my listing, started at .01 cent with no reserve....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7199290694&sspagename= ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

I am not aware of the overlays being ripped, and I havent used them since april. I dont ebay much, but all my transactions on there have been positive.

Next time if there is any question to anything, ask questions before bidding. Also, contact me if there is an issue before you go flaming me on the internet.

Third, feel free to contact hyperlite, if your willing to bite shipping cost I guarantee that a. they will at minimum send a new overlay if needed, or b. send you new damn parks bindings. They did for me and it was only a footbed.

Fourth, be reasonable dude.....I just posted a quick explanation of them and threw em up, with pictures from every angle. Im an honest person, and Im not "sneaky". Send them back, full refund. Anything I ebay always has a 7 day return policy.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-06-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
Used is buyer beware....sucks but true.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-06-2005, 11:51 PM Reply   
Damn Mike now Im afraid of what your boards gonna look like ha ha ha
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-07-2005, 5:31 AM Reply   
daniel, you saw the picture of the one repair......

there is no surprises, other than that its in perfect shape.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-07-2005, 6:08 AM Reply   
I borrowed those bindings for a short time over the summer, and never noticed a tear in the bindings.... and used is used.

Definately think you went about this the wrong way. You should always contact the seller and give them a chance to resolve any issues before you go flaming them. Obviuosly just from the fact the fact that mike was willing to respond to your post here, you would have been able to work with him to resolve the problem. after a post like that though... I dont know if I would have jumped through hoops for you!
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
dude im sorry i was just bummed that i spent $101 on a pair of busted bindings, i just dont see how some one can take pics of the bindings and then ship them and not notice this

Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
im finished with this crap man good luck with you boarding next year
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-07-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
That overlay is easy to replace for cheap or maybe even free. are those 02s or 04s?

No need to punch Mike! He offered a refund / return.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-07-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
$101 for used $400 bindings..... I know it sucks, but that's pretty cheap for those bindings. That is also a known problem. All (read ALL) Parks bindings will eventually tear like that. If you have a decent relationship with your local shop they will handle that without any question. Our local shop has a stack of those overlays and can fix them on the spot.

Yet another reason to support your local shop and buy direct. I know e-bay is great, but it is also buyer beware...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-07-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
"Next time if there is any question to anything, ask questions before bidding."

Derek has a valid point. You can "barely" see in the original eBay pic that the rip is present. A good eBay'r will make note of anything like this and point it out in the picture and description. He shouldn't "have" to email and ask questions about the condition.

OTOH, he didn't get "ripped off". This sort of thing is easy and cheap to fix due to Hyperlite's great warranty support. But it should have been noted in the description.}
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-07-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
I would relate that to buying $700 worth of Oakley raingear for $82 and complaining that it was dirty on arrival. What do you think Mike?
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
guys i was just expecting something with a little wear...i know it wouldnt be to much to fix.. i was just frustrated and acted before i shouldve..
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-07-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
"bid with confidence" I too would be pissed if I bought these and they showed up with a tear. The seller should inspect and be truthfull about what they are selling. Mike I know you say that you are honest and it sounds like this was an oversight.

Derek's comment of "I want to punch this guy" is uncalled for. He did not drag anyones name out, but instead asked for advice how to handle it. Nothing wrong with that part of it. Then if it can not get resolved take it to the internet and drag it around the world...

Don't get Wenzeled!
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-07-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
"Torn Bindings" DOES NOT EQUAL "Worn Bindings".

IMO, the seller should refund all expenses and apologize for mis-representing the product.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       12-07-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
derek,

I have a set of 2005 overlays you can have for the cost of shipping. they will fit no problem. let me know 408-248-7844
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-07-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
Now there's a deal from Jeff!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-07-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
my $0.02

Mike, your bad for not showing the ripped overlay more clearly in the listing, it was there I can barely see it one of the photos.

Derek, your bad for paying $86 for some great bindings then bashing the ebay seller on wakeworld.

Jeff, saves the day with a great solution!

I have over 200 transactions buying/selling on ebay. The only thing that typically causes problems is poor communication.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-07-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
Mike Murphy here is your opportunity to make it right. Pay the shipping for the overlays and put this to rest :-) It can not be more than a few dollars.

BTW very cool of Jeff to step up and offer the replacements. If only all dealers treated their customers like that.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-07-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
I also have a red/black overlay that you can have. Never used. It was mounted on binding, but never ridden. If you want it, I will mail it to ya.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-07-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Andy or Jeff. Since this buyer has not contacted me whatsoever via email, paypal, or ebay.....I will just paypal you the price of shipping plus a twelver for your trouble/generosity. Paypal is preferred.

Everyone else, maybe it was my bad for not posting a better detail to the item up for sale. However, anyone who rides with me knows I havent given them a second glance since I got my CWB Zuess. I havent even looked at those bindings closely since the end of the 04 season really, and Gordon used them with no problems for a couple weeks this season.

It was an honest overlook, I snapped a couple of quick pics and threw them in a box. My offer of a refund stands, and Ill happily hook up andy or jeff for their trouble.....

So Derek, since you dont email me or contact me in any way whatsoever other than your posts on this forum....Your overlays are on their way assuming Jeff or Andy was serious about their offer.

Its only a few bucks dude, still want to "punch me" ??? Im not hard to find......haha j/k
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-07-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
email sent to ya
Old     (brandon_lee)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
wow, its just an overlay. I cannot believe you are getting your panties in a wad over this. its not like he sent you a binding without a baseplate, and then charged 1/4 of retail for it.
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
geeze guys... i posted this thing 2 secs after i looked at the bindings... i was hasty in my actions... lots of crap happened to me that day that topped it off...mike i dont wanna punch you cuz i dont feel like goin back to prison...plus wisconsin would be a long haul... my bad i messed up...
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-07-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
Are those the bindings you are wearing in your profile pic?
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
they are the same style but not the same bindings... i sold that setup early last season... i liked the bindings thats why i bought another pair
Old    mendo247            12-07-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
dont sweat it man.. with all the scam artists out there it would have been my first reaction to freak out and ask questions later.. the good news is he sounds like a stand up guy and you two should be able to work this out...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-07-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
although mike and i have had our run-ins, he doesn't sound like a guy out to rip people off.

that said, i don't blame the guy for being bitter about it, though he should've contacted the seller first.

(Message edited by dakid on December 07, 2005)
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
i did send him an email calling him sneaky for not mentioning the rip...hopefully it will all get worked out
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-08-2005, 6:15 AM Reply   
Still no email from Derek on whether he wants to return the bindings or have an overlay sent....

It seems Andy and I are in the process of getting you an overlay sent out...if you have a moment pm andy your shipping info, or I will later tonight.

Still kind of odd to me that the only communication in this issue is happening through wakeworld, but oh well, it gives us all something to do at work RIGHT???
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-08-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
I used to work at a board shop that sold Hyperlite. They had a lot of overlay problems, especially when they switched to that new overlay material. Hyperlite should have no problems sending you a new overlay, although they can be tricky to replace. Just give them a call.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-09-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
Derek, I sent shipping money via paypal to Andy....I believe we both owe him a beer ey?
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-10-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
andy is definately worthy of a nice pat on the back
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-10-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
Mike,

In my opinion you have "stood tall" through this entire thread. I would not hesitate to do business with you.

Nice!!!

Tim
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-10-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Mike, I just recieved the Absolute I bought from you. It was cracked in 3 places and one of the fins is broken? ha ha ha lol kidding bro
Old    walt            12-10-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
(In my opinion you have "stood tall" through this entire thread. I would not hesitate to do business with you.)

High road all the way for sure....Props to you Mike !
Old    shiftywakeskate            12-12-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
so what us the best way to contact hyperlite with a warranty issue. everytime i email them, i get no response.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-12-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
luke, local shop.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-13-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
Got back in town monday and am shipping them out first thing thurs morning. Work has tied me up and has kept me from getting them all ready to roll. Gotcha covered.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-14-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
Got it in the mail today. Have a great holiday!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-14-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Cheers to you Andy.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-14-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Andy, Mike, if we ever meet I will buy both of you a beer :-) Mistakes happen it is what we do about them that makes the person!
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-17-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
i got the 02 overlay today...thanks

(Message edited by munky_flip on December 17, 2005)
Old     (meikster2810)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-17-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
derck you should also say a personal thanks to mike mate you handled the whole issue really bad mate!!!