Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
So, I'm not the most active forum member around... but I do lurk here almost every day and occasionally post.
With that said, the wakeboarding community feels a bit like family, so I wanted to share with you all, the birth of my first child... my son, Jace Asher Phelps.

Thanks everyone... for putting up with a proud new dad.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-11-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
Great pics and great headwear! Congrats!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-11-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
Congrats dude. That's the best feeling in the world.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-11-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Next to wakeboarding!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-11-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
Congrats to the family

I was blessed with a little girl Nov. 2 also my first, Man life has taken a turn that's for sure. But in a great way !

Merry X mas
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-12-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!

Dave... you guys don't have any WW headgear do you? If you do, my boy WILL rock it!

Congrats on the little girl, Jeff. So cool...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-12-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Both my girls rock WW beanies and my son has the flatbill Flexfit. We have a regular Flexfit too. Check 'em out at http://www.wakeworld.com/store_cash/...duct_list&c=18.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-12-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
:-) I've seen those... but I think they might be a bit too much for his tiny noggin.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-12-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, we don't have anything tiny! Sorry.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-13-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
NICE! Welcome to the club!! They are amazing!
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-13-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Congrats bro
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-14-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
Congrats! Mine is almost 2 now, and she loves getting in her bindings and 'pretending' to ride as she hold on to a handle I've tied to her door. You are in for so much joy!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-14-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. We're (obviously) pretty excited... Personally, I'm really looking forward to teaching him to snowboard and wakeboard... and I'm already contemplating building him a little half pipe in the back yard.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-15-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
Congrats Rich, and a fine looking young man he is. Love and enjoy him everyday, they grow up so fast.

Randy
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-15-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
Thanks Randy. I don't think I'll have a problem loving and enjoying him. So far, I can't take my eyes off of him. Such a little stud!

We did have a scare this week... it's been tough to get him to breastfeed properly. We started supplementing him with formula, but not quickly enough. He ended up needing an IV. Nothing like being back in the hospital so quickly, watching your little one get poked in the arm. He took it like a champ though... and charmed a few nurses into thinking they might want another baby themselves.

We're all back home now and he's doing great! I told him he's not allowed back in the ER unless it's because he tweaks something in the 2026 X-Games.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hey man just something from a guy you don't know but don't let the La Leche nazis make your wife think that if she does not breast feed she is hurting her baby or being a bad mother. There is a TON of pressure on women for this. Not all will feed. Hang in there as a father of 4 year old twins nothing goes the way you plan or everyone expects.