Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I'm trying to decide which board to get for next season. This past summer I rode a Ronix Covin and really liked it, but I'm looking to pick up a c-dub next. Basically I really liked the speed and consistency of the Covin, so I'm looking for something similar. The Marius and Faction seem like the best two options since they've both got continuous rockers, like the Covin. So any info on how those boards ride/compare would be great. I've done a search on both and haven't found much at all on the Marius. Also were there any changes for 09 on the Marius other than graphics? I might just grab an 08 platty since they're going for pretty cheap.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-22-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
No information on the Marius??? Are you crazy? J/K

The Marius is the fastest board in the line up with HUGE pop and BUTTER soft landings. No changes for 09 except for the graphics. It will take a little getting used to riding it because of the wide shape. If you buck up and get the Platinum, you will find it to be one pound lighter and a little more snappy off the wake.

The Faction is also an awesome stick to shred on and if my memory serves me correctly from last weekend, there are no changes to it for 09 other than the topsheet. It is also pretty fast, with good pop and soft landings.

I can only recommend that you demo both of them, if you have the opportunity and make your decision from there. From all of the C-DUB boards we have let people try (Absolute, Transcend, Marius and the Faction), all of them love the Marius most.

Hope this helps.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-22-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Never ridden the Coven but have tried all the CWB decks. If you want speed and consistency, then you definitely need to look at the Marius. Some people find it rides weird (because of the massive surface area) but most like it. I ride the Faction as my everyday board and I like it a lot. really poppy for a continuous, lands incredible and is a fun shape. I just wish it were a tad faster. The Transcend is a bit more poppy and there are tons of folks that like that board. If you can get a demo on all three.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Amongst my crew, the Transcend is the favorite. I haven't ridden the new Marius, but many think it's a tad slower than the Transcend.

I love the Transcend. Looking forward to the new shape. We have a new one, first ride should be this week. More soon....
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-22-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys. Unfortunately there isn't anywhere I can demo so I'm really just going off of whatever I can find out on here. It's a tough decision but I think I'm leaning towards picking up a platinum Marius, since it sounds really fast and consistent which is what I'm looking for. How does the Transcend stack up in terms of consistency? I used to ride a 3 stage board, but after riding the Covin I figured I'd be sticking with a continuous. A lot of people seem to really be loving the transcend these days. What's the pop like on it? I prefer it to not be really straight up. Anyway, any more info on any of these boards would be great for helping with my decision, thanks!