Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-30-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
I am looking for a new boat, a little smaller than what we have currently. But one of my main concerns is a folding tower. I really would like it to fold relatively flat with minimal effort. What is the tower like on the SSV?
Any other boats I should take a look at? I would like 22 foot range and I don't really like Malibu's wake. I really like steeper wakes. Thanks
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
Centurion Avalanche has a very steep wake. Rock solid boat.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
I can tell you that Supra has the most solid tower out there. Most towers will shake and sway all over the place just when driving down the road....not the Supra. I have had two Supra's and neither of them moved an inch. Very easy to fold, even by yourself.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-30-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
^^ You sure about that???
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
I must agree with badboyripper. Out of all of the boats I judged out of last year, I'd put supra first then nautique, tige, and the larger diameter moomba tower all in second, then Malibu illusion, then mastercraft. I assume all of these towers were all tight and in perfect condition since they were towing in tournaments. I judged this mainly from the movement as the boat went through rollers and the noise they made as the rider was being pulled up. Much to my suprise, two on the list popped and creeped quite a bit.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-30-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
I'm real pleased with not only the look of the Supra tower, but also, how well it folds. Although it's heavy, it is possible to carefully lower the tower by myself. No problem fitting the tower under a standard 7' tall garage door. The tower seems very sturdy while towing, and on the lake, although, I don't have much to compare it to. The swivel board racks are a real convenience as well. You do have to swivel the racks, or remove them to put the boat in the garage though. Personally, I remove them completely to take the possibility of forgetting to fold them out of the equation. Only takes a minute.
Upload
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Scott great pic of folded tower.

Josh - Scotts boat is an 05. If you are looking at a 08 22SSV - it will not fit under a 7 foot garage door.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-30-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
Nice catch on the 05' vs 08' Chris,
The change was made in 07'???
Old     (ron1xone)      Join Date: May 2007       03-30-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Nautiques tower in '08 are now easier to fold by yourself and fold flat. Go to their website and look at the 210 video. I think Jeff McKee folds it so yu can see how it folds and how flat it folds. If its not the 210 video is either the 220 or 230 then.