Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    lilredrider            10-27-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
I am looking for some wakeboard lessons near LA. Anybody know of a good school that is still running? I will be out there next week. Thanks.
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-27-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
I would check out Brent Baum at So Cal Wakeboard Instruction. Website is www.socalwakeboardinstruction.com.

Give him a call at 951-757-6356.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-27-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
I would 2nd Brent's school. Sick SAN 210, CWB gear and it's on a private lake. Josh alrealy hooked you up with the numbers.

Another good one is Josh Shelton. He runs a Sick MC X2 and uses the Channel at Lake Elsinore. You can contact him at 562-682-1343.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-27-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
i'll second (third?) brent as well as josh.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
Bill - SRI Wakeboard Instruction operates out of the Lake Elsinore channel. You can check out prices and details at WakeboardLesson.com

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
http://wakeboardlesson.com/Site/Home-1.html

heres the link
Old    tomvanwake            10-27-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Lower Lake Castaic? Thats my spot where Me and Williams(roommate) ride everyday. But yeah winching, wakeskating, wakeboarding goes on here 5 days a week. If anyone can teach its williams, ive watched him teach people 4-5 new inverts a day.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Chris is Siiiick
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-27-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
how would you go about getting to ride on the lower lake??
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-27-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
http://www.westsidewakeboard.com/

Another option for ya on Buena Vista by Bakersfield.....
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
Yeah man come check out Westside Wakeboard School. CWB equipment, 05 Supra SSV, or a 05 Malibu VLX, lots of glassy water. email me if your interested, brandon@westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-27-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
For those who have had lessons, do you think its important to get lessons behind the type of boat you own? Or does it not matter if you get lessons behind and SAN and own a Malibu?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
Greg - I don't think it matters.
Old    lilredrider            10-27-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
thank you guys so much for the info. I called Brent. He seems flexible and has penciled me in for Mon, Tues, or Wed.

I might give these other guys a call too. Maybe for my wife too.

Tom, Are you guys out there riding or teaching? Would love to hook up. I will bring gas $ and whatever if you'll have me.

Thanks again to all of you.
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-28-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
i'm with everyone else. brent is the man.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-28-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Let us know how it goes. I may be interested in coming down to SoCal for a couple days of riding / lessons over the winter.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
I saw the posting for Brent on another thread and it sounds like he is good! if anyone takes lessons from him, please let me know what kinds of things he had you work on and how it went! I'm looking for someone who is not only a good rider but a good instructor as well...thanks for any ideas!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-28-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
Tracy ~ I know 1st hand about Josh and Brandon. Both are great instructors and great riders. I've only had the pleasure to watch Brent ride. You can't go wrong with any listed in this thread.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-28-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   
how 'bout a rider that totally sucks but can teach? i would fall into that category.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-28-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Yeah that's true Joe, but you charge $50 for every tip you give out. That could be an expensive day.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2005, 10:18 PM Reply   
bahahahahahhahah.... A --- BURN
Old    tomvanwake            10-29-2005, 12:05 AM Reply   
Hey Bill shoot me a email at tomvanwake@yahoo.com. I'm not sure people realize how many programs go on at Lower Lake Castaic but during the summer months i end up teaching around 2000 youths from the los angeles region, youth programs, church programs, cal state northridge, summer camps, etc, etc and more etc. Its hard for me to get time to teach cuz i wanna ride sometimes you know but lets talk. Im 34 and my dad and i have been running these type of programs at Castaic ever since i was super young. As far as Chris Williams if anyone is curious, he is by far the best instructor ive ever met in the past 20 years at least but dad you rule too. haha. he goes on vacation randomly every other day with his gf so i gotta know two weeks ahead of time if you want him out there. cuz he decides tomorrow if hes flyin to florida kinda kid. every so months chris goes on all these vacations with rockstars and just so happened Tommy Lee and his record producer jumped his boat off some rocks in Powell like two months ago. so now we do lessons together. oh yeah this is funny. Chris's friend Skylar sank his boat on the exact same rock in the entire lake two weeks later. some kind of karma between best friends i guess. lol.
Old    tomvanwake            10-29-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
oh yeah me and chris are going to put up at least 5 or 6 big rails and diferent wakeksate stuff this winter also. stuff to mess around on and winch when the boat is too much of a hassle
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-29-2005, 12:30 AM Reply   
bug, what you don't realize is that you guys get a discount from me.
Old    wsrmatt            10-29-2005, 3:53 AM Reply   
people think ricky g is the real g. lol. i saw some photos of williams once in the tabloid in alberstons once during winter. he was walking in hand in hand the two hosts girls red carpet and all that crazy paparrazzi for the vegas avn awards. just so happenned to be the two hottest girls at avn. he the only wakeboard ive ever seen when i was atnding in line at the grocery store. he funny though
Old    wsrmatt            10-29-2005, 4:05 AM Reply   
they listed him as a pro wakeboarder which i thought was cool cuz wakeboading has never gotten in the tabloids and plus thats pretty cool when you get to walk in the two host girls for the avn awards in front of thousands of peps vegas style. he was wearing this pimpa$$ white suite with cut off sleeves, white and chrome cane, and this crazy white pimp hat with an LA logo he tagged on it

(Message edited by wsrmatt on October 29, 2005)
Old    cdubs            10-29-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
tagged up with gold NO FEAR baby. haha. gotta represent. luckily my mom didnt see that one. whats up dad if ur on wakeworld right now!
Old    tomvanwake            10-29-2005, 10:00 PM Reply   
only williams could pull off something like that. everyday
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-30-2005, 12:09 AM Reply   
ya come hit brents lessons up trust me you wont be dissappointed. he is a amazing coach
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-30-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Bill, I spent the whole summer with Brent and he is a great instructor and rider. Let your wife go to him too. He treaches a variety of ages and abilities. Like ripper said...you won't be disappointed.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-30-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
Greg....I think you SHOULD ride behind different boats. Makes you more versatile and learn to adjust to different wakes. I have a Tige switch and I rode behind it as much as I rode behind all the different boats pulling us at tournaments. My coach has a Nautique and I took several clinics which used Master crafts, MB, Nautique, and Tige's. I am glad I had the opportunity to ride behind different boats this summer.