Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-15-2003, 6:26 PM Reply   
I'm talking about before you get in the water do you always go about it the same way?

I jump up, put my vest on, grab my board, stand facing away from the boat on the step, put my board on, take the handle and throw it baseball style out as far as I can into the water to unravel the rope, then I nosepress the swimstep then slide in and sink down slowly facing away from the boat, then I go all the way down putting my head under the water, then turn around and get ready to go.

Do you have a routine? what is it?
Old    xxwakeskaterxx            09-15-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
i put my board on the platform, grab the juice ,put my board on, put my vest on ,grab the handle and jump in and i do the same thing every time i go out

Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-16-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
I do a couple of jumping jacks, toe stretches, and a couple karate chops then I grab my board and make sure the screws on my bindings are tight, once that process is done its off to the swim deck in which I hang out there for about 10 - 15 minutes trying to untangle my rope, if all goes well I then grab my vest (if I remember to bring it) strap into my bindings and jump in the water. In the water there is a little delay while I urinate and then its time to ride. (note: the urination process is usually skipped when using a drysuit).
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-16-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Once I'm in the water and ready to go I always take a leak. Then I get dragged out of the warm spot. Right before I say go I spash my face. Getting up I always do a couple slow surf style carves and drag one hand in the water while the boat is picking up speed.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
I like to start with with a few of Tammy's jello shots whenever possible. Then, in order to try and emulate most wakeboarders I see these days, I always make sure to flash some hand signs to claim my set, 'cause you know, I came up hard on the streets an' sh*t and I gots to represent.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-16-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
Thane, all those steps sounds more like a cheer-leading routine.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-16-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
mmmm ptu vest on , stretch a few times, right foot in boot, left foot in boot, stand up, yell "give er' ****" jump and im going, cut to the right side of the wake, couple surf hits, wakeslide.....

I think I end up doing that every time I go out

B
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-16-2003, 3:12 PM Reply   
rootc-
do you like to splash yourself in the face with pee water?????
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-16-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
Here's my routine on cold mornings................

Turn the motor off, look around the boat and ask
"WHO'S FIRST"?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-16-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
lol billy. starting with jello shots - haven't tried that one!
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-16-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
I do nearly the same thing everytime.

Check the gear.
Lube the bindings.
Thro in the board.
Dive in after it.
Bang head on board coming up.
Put on my board.
Realize that I had the rope between my legs and wait for the boat to pull the handle thru.
Pee
Pee shiver
After getting pulled up, pull some sweet surface spins with ONE hand while fixing my shorts w/the other - thats right, only one hand surface spins...oh yeaaa
Wait for my oversized boat thats weighed down finally plane while continuing surface spins.
As the boat planes I normally jump the one wake leading out TS with some sorta grab, normally indy, but sometimes tail. If Im feeling giddy I will end up switch and jump off the hs wake an half cab it.
Then bust a couple moves and fall on an amazing hs w2w jump so I can pee again.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-16-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
1. Advil
2. Stretch
3. Knee Brace
4. ...
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-16-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
throw roap
jacket
gloves if i've got blisters from riding too much the day before
throw board in
dive in
Pee
left foot
right foot
get up and usually do a powerslide on the wake then head out to go huge and eat it
Old    wes_the_gimp            09-16-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
4:30am
Im up 30 min before the alarm
eat cereal
warm up arms with surgical tube
stretch for 20 mins.
ready boat and hitch it up
wake everybody up!

same thing every time.
Old    smitty98            09-17-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
Weird thing is, first jump of the day is usually my best!

The rest of the day is me trying to do it again.

Thats a routine i'm still trying to break.

Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-17-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
1. Find all of my gear which is strewn about the boat in seemingly every compartment the boat has.
2. Untangle the rope and throw it out.
3. Grab the board off of the rack while trying not to drop it in the water or fall in the water (yes, done both).
4. Put board on.
5. Ungracefully jump in the water
6. Figure out why I am drowning.
7. Ask somebody to throw me my life vest.
8. Pee
9. Announce that I am peeing to everybody in the boat by saying something stupid like "hold on, checking the prop"
10. Yell hit it and slide sideways on the board until I have my shorts pulled over my white legs.
11. Butter slide.
12. Catch edge and face plant.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-17-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
jim, your post made me laugh....
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-17-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
Mike B - your routine is identicle to my brothers. He hates getting in the water early.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-17-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
jim you said exactly waht i really wanted to
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-17-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Same as pretty much everyone else. Except sometimes I have a little 12 ounce jump starter to help me out :-)

Make sure my shorts look good. I believe i'v been counted at 17 "shorts" adjustments throughout my run
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-17-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
The first ride of the day is such a cluster f....
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-17-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
Screw early morning riding :0

It's too cold!
Old    norcal_99            09-17-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
I wake up at 10am
Drive to delta
Launch at 11:30am
Cruise to our spot
Ride all day until sunset in perfect water

Gotta love the delta.

Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-17-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
If you arent getting your first run under the tower lights while the sun is barely a glow on the horizon - then you are probably much more well adjusted than me.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-17-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
Surprised we havent had the guy whos like

"Roll out of bed, make my way out to my patio, throw my board on and do a dock start"

*growls*
Old    wes_the_gimp            09-17-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
Rene Im so jealous.
I have to get out to the Delta.