Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-30-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Last night I plugged in the headphones that came with my FreestyleAudio waterproof mp3 player and was more disappointed than when I found out you-know-who didn't exist. It sounded as though all recordings were all done in a tin can, in a cave, before bass was invented. While I know I cannot expect mind-blowing performance from waterproof headphones, has anyone had any good experiences with any brands that would sound full at, say, 25 mph, 75 feet back?
Old     (matteoh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-30-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
The H20 Audio's "Surge" is suppose to be really good with base. I have the H20 H3s and I love everything about them except for the way they fit on my head around my ears. It seems really awkward but they work really good.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-30-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
I just use the cheapest ones from walmart and they have worked so far. I have tried 2 different pair of normal earbuds while riding and they both worked fine, I switched to the ones that go around the ear cause the others fell out every time I hit the wake. I got a total cheap set up that I made myself for under $20.00 including the mp3 player.
Old     (txadam)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-30-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
I have the Freestyle Audio player and yes, the original headphones suck and they broke on me after a couple rides. I bought a pair from here: http://www.waterproofcases.net/headphones.html

Much better and they actually stay in my ears and sound decent.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-30-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
You know, sometimes its the little things that make me appreciate WW even more. Not the breaking stories, hotly contested opinions, honest reviews, boatbun threads, but just getting a field tested answer to a problem in a matter of hours thereby saving me time, money and heartache.
Thanks to all.
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-30-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
I have the H20 Audio "Surge" headphones and I love them, the sound quality is great, and they even have a small bass driver in the headphones so the bass is very well defined. The only thing that I am not completely satisfied with is the cord seems a little flimsy, but even that is not really a big deal. I would strongly recommend them.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-30-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
i have heard good things about the audio pieces for the shred ready helmets... never used them yet though, but i will this summer ;) if i can get an mp3 player for the water.

one thing i totally don't get is why LF jacks up te price SOOOOO MUCH just to have their name on the audio playes made by freestyle