Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    snowboarder360            03-01-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
Hey, which boat is better, the Calabria Cal-Air Pro-V, or the Centurion Avalanche. I want to know ONLY from people who have ridden behind one. Thank you.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-01-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
For what it's worth, I have driven both, but have not ridden behind either. The Pro-V handled much better and had a bigger wake. The avalanche had a clean wake and would probably handle weight capably, however, it was not as large or clean as the pro-v. The avalanche had more bow rise when starting from a stop.

I liked the avalanche, but the pro-v was better. Also, the price of the avalanche was $5000 more than the pro-v.

I know this wasn't exactly what you were asking for, but I hope the imput helps.
Old    steveaz            03-02-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
If given the 2 to choose from I'd definitely go with the Pro-V. The biggest reason being that I have quality concerns about Centurion that are based on my own observations, not to mention many things that I've read.

The Pro-V is huge and did not fit my needs but is capable of a great wake with additional ballast. Proper weight distribution seems to be the key as I've been in boats that have handled great and others that left some to be desired.

Good luck and enjoy....oh yeah, don't forget to ride/drive both and checkout the dealer as they can definitely make or break your ownership experience.

Steve
Old    cal_air            03-03-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
I would also go with the Pro-V over the Avalanche. It has alot of great ammentities and the ballast system is second to none. For the size of the boat it handles awesome. I have a good friend who bought a new Avalanche last year and didn't end up that happy with the boat. After riding in it and behind it I wasn't to impressed as well.
Old    calawho            03-03-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
i'd just shoot myself.
Old    cal_air            03-03-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
Sounds Good.
Old    snowboarder360            03-03-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
Thanks thats kind of what I was thinking also.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-05-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
My friend has the Pro v and is very happy with it. The boat is huge inside and has a great wake, not to mention the great ballast system.