Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
A couple weeks ago I posted about being a big guy trying to jump the wake.

I have started searching for a new board. I have demoed a few. My favorite so far is the murray. I have been thinking about a slingshot response, but there is no place to demo one where I live.

Has anyone ridden BOTH? What did you like or dislike about either?

I dont want to start another "what is the best board" thread. If I could demo it myself I would, but not an option. I need to stay big like on a 145 or bigger due to my size.

Any opinions?
Old    Slingshot            06-05-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Hey Abe, I have not ridden the current murray, but i have ridden some older versions of it. I also ride the response..ALOT! haha so if you want to know about the response and how it rides, hit me up here on wakeworld or call me 509-427-4950x0023 or email me k.chinn@slingshotsports.com
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-05-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
**hijak**
Kyle - did you get my email about the fins?
**end hijak**
Old    Slingshot            06-05-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Yeah I just sent you a response.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
I've tried the 08 murray, and the slingshot recoil, so take may suggestion knowing that (not the 09 murray and not a response) ....

slingshot without even thinking twice
Old    Slingshot            06-05-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Whats sick about the SS Response is because it stores the energy from your cut and releases it at the top of the wake, it feels like it has more snap then a foam core continuous rocker board. Cool thing about the SS Response is you can tune the board, meaning if you sand the edge to make it rounded on the side walls, it will slow the board down. I do this on my board. I totally round it over and make it probably slower then a stock Recoil. The Response will land softer than the murray because it flexes out on the landing. If you can, try both before you make your decission, but coming from a person who rides the Response pretty much daily, you will love it if you buy it!
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
""Cool thing about the SS Response is you can tune the board, meaning if you sand the edge to make it rounded on the side walls, it will slow the board down.""

kyle do you have any pics?
i,m used to a transcend 138 but i,m getting my response next week.If it feels to fast i will sand the edges,..just need some info on how to do it right. I do not want to mess up that new board.
thanx.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
Response. Hands down.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-15-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
A flex board and a traditional Murray deck are completely different rides. Kind of like comparing a MX bike vs sport bike. What I would do is that since you do not have a local SS dealer, go to BBB and just buy the old model Response package with Drivers for $279. If you do not like it, which I doubt will be the case, you can turn it around and sell it for nearly what you paid for it. At that price you will not have too much invested if you decide to go with the Murray. The flex will be a lot different kind of ride so you will have to give it a few sets to get used to the feel and wouldn't decide after a 10 minute set.

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/home.php?cat=602
Old    Slingshot            06-15-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Hey Ben, i can take some pics of me sanding the edge. You won't mess it up! :-) Just hit me up at work and I can talk you through it 509-427-4950x0023
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       06-15-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
ABE... I did try both myself.. And I can say I love them both.. The Murray was a awesome board, I loved the pop and it tracked great... But I found a new SS on Ebay so I decided to try it out due to its cost.. I even got the PB floyds. Both were last years models.. And the board was a Response. All I can say is that I love my SS.. Its so light and has great swing weight.. And I'm 250lbs and 6' tall.. This board has crazy spring in it when I get the perfect sweet spot.. But I'm still learning this board. But dont get me wrong.. The Murray is a Awesome board too. But if your like me, you need all the help you can get and My SS did that for me. I could'nt demo one here either. But I took one of the best gamble's in my life and it payed off.. I hope this helps..