Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-04-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
Which is the best campground at shasta? I will be taking the train (5th & 23LSV) for a week so full hookups is a must
Old     (jsj)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-04-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
I know Antlers has a campground. Although we have never used it it always seems to be full.
Old     (h2oaddiction)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-04-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
Second the Antlers recommendation. We have only stayed there early in the season (first week in June) and it works well. Moorage is available too. It might be too late to make reservations for peak season and last year, Antlers was dry late in the season due to the low water levels.

Holiday Harbor has a few spots with full hook-ups, it is nothing fancy, but who cares if you have the trailer and are on the lake all day. For the most part, Holiday is also centrally located on the lake. Just don't attempt to take your set-up down to the marina without unhooking the boat in the upper parking lot!! It wouldn't be a good way to start the trip.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
Isn't the road to Holiday Harbor super narrow & windy? Might be a tough drive in a rig that long.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-04-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
Bill - Thats the kind of info thats good to know.

What about Lakeshore Villa?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
We rented a houseboat from Lakeshore last summer. I understand there are two roads to get there. One of them is pretty windy & narrow. I don't think I've been on the other.
And I don't believe I saw any camping around there either.
Bryan, if you don't get the info your looking for in this forum, send me an email at billatairjunkydotcom. My brother lives in Redding & might be a good source of this kind of info.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
You can also try Shastalake.com for info as well.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-05-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Antlers is by far the nicest place to camp on Shasta, except when the waters low its a LONG hike down to the water. Holiday Harbor is good but it does have a windy road getting back there. Like stated above though, you could unhook the boat in the upper lot and come back for it after your done setting up the rv. The resorts in Lakehead are allways changing names so im not sure of them but the road is straight and easy getting to them.