Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   

from FiVEOHFiLMS on Vimeo.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/ear...ng-revolution/

So stoked that they got a vid on alliance. These are two kids who put their heart and soul into riding and kill it behind the boat as well. Me and Nick just had a nice little sunset sesh with me, him, and maybe one other kid out at Rixen and if you think the tricks in the video were ones that they had to shoot a couple times to get the shot, it is not the case. They do not fall and Nick lands blind better than any wakeboarder I know on the cable, and let's just say, I pretty much know every wakeboarder that rides cable in Florida. The only guys I've never really gotten to hang with are the Texas boys, but it matters not. If Kamper is going blind, he is sticking it. Nick and I took two nice/hard falls to end our sesh. He went for a cable high crow mobe off the kicker and just got stuck and made it about 270 and I went for a cable high method pete and only spun about 310 degrees. He got the wind knocked out of him and hit in the arm with the board, and I got my helmet ripped off and also hit in the arm with the board. It was actually an awesome way to end the night although I'm sure we will both be feeling it tomorrow.

But look out for these two, they have made a pretty big name for themselves around the cable circuit but just haven't been able to break that barrier that is so hard to get over. Here is a video of Kevin riding boat. It was shot in 2 sets with less than ideal conditions and his school FGCU

from FiVEOHFiLMS on Vimeo.

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
The editor does not wakeboard so he is still in the learning curve process of what tricks are the bangers and what don't need to be used verses what should be use but he has a very good talent when it comes to editing and is improving video to video. When Kevin sent me the first vid of him riding the boat, I told him that for the next edit, do not start the video off with tricks are a preview of what's to come but no landing and then show the same trick with him landing it. He also used a tootsie roll as kev's opening trick when he had a DUM DUM, double grab toe off 5, toe bs oa 3, big grab 180 into the flats, and so on. The kid must really really like tootsie rolls, i can tell you that lol
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-28-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
Great vids!
Old     (kwipp)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-28-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words as usual Kyle! Eds got a good eye for what tricks to use, just so happend that we filmed this video in about 2 sets and I was setting up for the dum dum. It was the first one I landed and my second attempt at ever trying it (hence all the tootsies). Everyone keep an eye out for future vids!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-29-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
Yeah buddy!! It's all about k Wipp for 2010. Kamper was telling me you have been really killing it behind the boat so now I know you just weren't lying to me lol. I'm either driving back to Tampa tomorrow or wed morn so if I leave wed, we need to sesh revolution or maybe get behind the boat. I'm still a little scared to ride wake with my knees but Ill come drive you and show you how a real triple up is driven. I guarantee you will be to scared to hit the third roller. I can also drive you some triple up whips so that kid can get some footy of whatever you're willing to try off of them. I say you should try a 10 off of one of my t-ups though !!