Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    parkswakeboardr            08-20-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
Hey, this is my 11 year old brother. He is riding behind our mastercraft x-star, He can get really high but he cant do any tricks. The picture of him is coming down from the jump. The pic. I took sucked, i should have taken it when he was all the way in the air.
my 11 year old brother, Chris
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-20-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
Looking good!!! Just make damn sure that kid works on riding switch and also keeps pushing the toeside jumps right from the start. At least some switch riding EVERY SET! The rest will come on its own. The best tricks he could learn right now IMO is to go w2w toeside, HS ollie 180s in the flats, then 1-wake FS 180s all four ways (not necessarily in that order). Once he gets all that, like I said, the rest will come on its own.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
Your bro looks good. Hope he keeps it up.

But I have a couple of questions. Your profile says you have a X-2 and a a X-star. Why would your parent's buy two new boats. Or do you mean an older X star that is the current X-2.

Also if the pic you took is of your bro riding behind your X star then why is the rope so low. It looks like you tied it off of the ski pole. Why not use the tower?

(Message edited by bigdad on August 20, 2004)
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-20-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Tell him to take off the golves and he will be a million times better
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-20-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
hey! Chad muska wears gloves.
Old    six            08-22-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
my son is also 11 and he has become a little burnt out and just wants to have fun with it.My friends that have seen him ride trip cuz he has lots of potential(?)I may have pushed to hard so this is a little heads up.Peace Brother
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       08-24-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
My son is 12 and hurt his ankle, abs, and back last year during some hard falls. It really slowed him down and couldn't go wake to wake, or any 180's any more. About half way through this summer after encouraging him to keep trying, he got it back and started nailing wake to wakes with grabs again. He still can't do 180's at full speed, but he his building his confidence back.

Bottom line - don't push too hard, but do push a little.

Does he look like he is having fun in this picture?

jump
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       08-24-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
woops

jump
Old    six            08-24-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
hey Dave,That is a tight a$$ picture and it sure does look like he is having a blast.what kind of camera do you use? Tell little man he looks great!
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       08-25-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
Thanks Mark. Picture taken with Canon Digital Rebel with 28-135IS lens. It was cropped a little and of course shrunk down to fit on here, so looses a bunch of quality. Below was taken with Sigma 70-300 and cropped a little. Love the camera.

grab
Old    six            08-25-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
hey Dave,Thanks for the info and the response.
Mark
Old    six            08-25-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
hey Dave,Thanks for the info and the response.
Mark
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-26-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
If you really want your son to be good, buy him a 2005 X-star with speakers and the works. Then let him and his friends ride everyday of the summer.
Old    edward            08-26-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
hey tell that to my parents!!!!actully my dad is really into wakeboarding and would jump at the chance to buy that so umm tell that to my mom