Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    sk8joe01            08-17-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
woah! whats up with the vid? looks awsome, wakeboarding useing the huge waves, that sweet! but howd they get that in with all the military stuff, were they really doing that there?
Old    snoobs            08-17-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
25 minutes, it should be called a wakeboard 'short'. At least they are offering it for a more respectable price of 9.95.
Old    corey_marotta            08-17-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
If you want to learn more about what we did there check out the editorial in our September issue. Yes, we did play with all the toys.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Personally I don't think the video sends a good message. Glamourizing war and its killing machines....
I think its just terrible...
I was especially sad to see Charpe there.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       08-17-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
You can't be serious...
Old    foobysmacker            08-17-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
Agreed. You can't be serious, Justin.

Given the frequency that I make the trek from LA to SD and see those "killing machines" on training exercises I would probably lose control of my car right off the freeway if I caught a glimpse of some sick boarding right off the shoreline!

Personally, I can't wait to see the vid.
Old    martini            08-17-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
corey plays with himself...
Old    your_mother            08-17-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
So what your telling us Justin is that you hated every war movie that has ever been made. Stick to the chick flicks buddy. The trailer is sick!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-17-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
where are you guys seeing this trailer? Jim had a link in his thread but plently of people are saying it's not working, including me. I'm feeling really left out here guys
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-17-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
J-Rod ~ it's on the home page of WW now. Check it out.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-17-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/dangvu1.asp
Old    edward            08-17-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
the vid looks sick. yea the video should be called "killing machines", geez chill out dude.

(Message edited by edward on August 17, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
it looks good. for 9.95 i would buy it, just to see what its all about. At least its not a $25 video that has the same tricks that every rider is doing.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Sorry guys that's just my point of view...don't think glamourizing war is cool.

Samuel, I do like some of the war movies but most I do not. Most are made from a one sided view.

Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-20-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
Joe, I assure you that the video is real and they had access to all of the gear (and much more) that was depicted in the trailer.

It was a blast doing it!

Justin, war is a part of civilization - it happens - we must be prepared.

As far as all of the gear that we used - I have a lot of friends that hooked us up.