Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-08-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
I notice alot of people listing there boats "Like New". What does that mean to you? It means used to me.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-08-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
They all are just like new...

What does re-built mean?
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-08-2010, 5:18 PM Reply   
Same as how every wakeboard/wakeskate for sale was only ridden twice
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
If it says like new IMO it would mean no damge to gelcoat. No ripps,stains or tears on interior. Every thing should be in perfect working condition and nothing missing etc. I have had boat dealers tell me this boat (wake boats) is clean and needs nothing and it turn out to be a pile of $hit.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-08-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
when i sold my last boat it was not quite 2 years old and had a little over 200 hours on it. this boat came from the factory to the dealer and i picked it up the same day and brought it straight to my indoor storage. the boat had never sat outside over night a day in its life. now mind you i am overly anal and clean my boat a little beyond most "anal" people. i actually used the term "better than new" in my add and had multiple huge pics to date with the add to back it up. the reason i stated the condition that way is because it was. as i told many looky leu;s, go look at any boat sitting on a lot, there hammered most of the time. they all sit outside getting beat by the elements and sun and occasionally get covered. i have seen it so much i would never by any new dealer boat that has sat outside. the boat i sold was properly broke in with all receipts, was re-propped, had a professionally installed system, extended warranty, and had never been towed farther than from the dealer to my storage, than 1000 yards to the ramp to launch and a price you could not argue with, (thats the key). the trailer the boat, everything was MINT!! the boat was perfect. it still had a new boat smell. when the buyer came to see it from out of state, i gave him my word as a fireman that if the boat was not exactly how i stated and seen in the pics i would pay for his flight. needless to say he left me a deposit on the boat before he flew home. my point is there are a lot of B.S. adds out there and people just want to off s--t and they have no remorse or ethical values. you can tell a huge amount from someones add #1 by how well it is written and #2 by current up to date pics. all in all you just have to get a feel for the seller by talking to them and feeling them out. i spent countless hours on the phone with the guy who bought my sanger. why, because i was telling the truth and extremely into what i was selling. so to wrap this up, the term like new is always used to gain your attention and 9/10 its total b.s as a seller you should not use this term unless your prepared to back it up. and as a buyer you should be doing your homework so you know what a like new boat should look like.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-08-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
Bryan,

No pics in your post, and yet I'm convinced. I will buy you next used boat!

Nice post. Every you say rings true to me.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
If you do not give an accurate description of what you are selling. It is a waste of every ones time buyer and the sellers. You accomplish nothing by giving a false description.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-08-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
dbc, lol, thanks man. i think we all get the point here. just tell the truth and everyone will be happy and no one will waste there time
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-08-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
Bryan isn't selling his boat anytime soon despite what he says.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-08-2010, 11:17 PM Reply   
haha, thats true too. i have already been down that path..
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-12-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
It is all in the care the boat has been given. I agree the gelcoat and upholstery should be as new, the engine well maintained. I personally have my boat stored inside, I have the gelcoat professionally polished and sealed (the sealant my guy uses is sooo much better than wax and repels the hard water and is UV protection as well) every year, the upholstery and covers cleaned and coated with a UV protectant. As a result this is my 3 year old boat that I put about 120 hours a year on.
Attached Images

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-13-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
I thing this is how they should look like after 21 years and 700 hours. I have owned it since new
She has never seen the outdoors unless being used. Everything is original except the tower and stereo. I'd say its pretty close to like new

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
WOW. Impressive ^^^
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-13-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
holy crap! Nice supra Michael!
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-15-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
How did you keep people from ripping the seats.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-15-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Do people rip your seats? I think most of my passengers understand that they would die if they ripped my seats.

That supra is BA! I love those older ones.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-17-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
nice!