Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-19-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
I just installed a pair of NVS Tryants and I can only get one to turn on. I have the quick disconnect system on them so I can swap one set for the other, therefore I know both set of Tyrants work. I am running them from a KX850.4.

When I use the fader to just the tower speakers and then move the balance to the right (drivers side) speaker, that speaker works. Then, when I move the balance to the left (passenger side), the right speaker stays on. All the while nothing is coming from the left set of Tyrants. I tried swapping the speaker wires at the amp, still only the right side goes on. I tried swapping each set, still only the right set goes on. I tried swapping the RCAs, again only the right set of Tyrant come on.

I have not tried the 9V battery test yet to make sure the speaker wires are not shorted out.

Any other ideas???
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-19-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of the speakers.

Upload
Upload
Old     (tlatoani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-20-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
Try switching the wires at the amp end. Maybe half of your amp isn't working. Either way that will help narrow it down.