Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (slimdairylate)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-23-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
is the liquid force shane arguably the best board out there or is there any reasonable competition from cwb, gator, ronix or hyperlite?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-23-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
marius gets talked about a lot
i like the ibex way more than I did the shane
byerly monarch is amazing too
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-23-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Shane, love it. But, I tried on the Slingshot Recoil. WOW!!!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
I swear half these posts are to drum up business from some ad guy. Of course there are or the competition would go out of business
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-23-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
never rode the shane but it looks like it has too much fin for me......
i also heard its really not that forgiving, and you really have to stick everything
im loving my substance... cant go wrong there
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-24-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
The Watson was actually the highest selling board for 07. The Shane is definitely a great board unless your new to the sport. I've seen way to many kids buy the Shane just because they like Shane Bonifay and end up wanting give up the sport because they can't handle the board. That's actually why the Watson is so popular. It's an awesome pro model board but anybody can ride it.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-24-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Obrien Player...
Old     (liquidforce567)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-24-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
LF axis..so nice
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-25-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
I love my shane and wouldn't say it isn't forgiving if you don't stick something dead on.

I like the transcend as it feels similar to the shane to me. I don't think there's any one board that is the best. Depends what you like in your board and how you ride!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
I've only been riding Liquid Force decks for the last 8 years since switching from Hyperlite. But I just say no to Liquid Force bindings-nothing but problems. Love my GB Saints now.
Old     (tmoney8)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-25-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Have to agree with Cason on this one. I have never personally rode the shane, but the watson is very rider friendly. i have gotten people up and riding on it who have never set foot on a board and it performed well for them. Overall a great board.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-26-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
the cwb absolute platty was one of the most talked about boards until cwb started incorporating alot of what they did with it into their whole line..personally i havent found a better board ,for ME,yet.

ive demoed a lot of them the last three years and cant seem to get off this light, explosive and soft landing board..its atad slow especially in chop is the only negative ,oh and i break one a year but get them replaced free so no biggie :-)

funny you ask the only thing ive found close is the shane and i may demo the 140 a bunch in the spring and see how it goes..
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-26-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
The best board out there is the board for you. Thats why all the boards have different styles/designs.

Take the info on here with a grain of salt and form your own opinion.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-26-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
marius is where its at
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       01-26-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
id go with the i bex
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-26-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Ronix One, love it. But I agree with Pereira, everyone has a different style and ability so each different board could arguably be the best board for each individual rider.