Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (matt622)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-13-2008, 11:34 PM Reply   
I am looking into getting an '08 Murray 135, but I still have a few questions. The rocker is supposedly a "hybrid rocker", with the pop of a 3 stage and the speed of a continuous, but I was wondering how that translates into real world riding. For people who have actually ridden the board, how does it ride? Thanks alot, and I would appreciate any opinions on the board.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-14-2008, 12:24 AM Reply   
to be honest i have THE 140 and i love it but during any kind of chop i will yank out the LF axis and im bout to buy a ronix ibex.. the murray is sooo smooth , light , and sits deep enough in the water to set a solid edge but also is really easy to break loose. i have had a little but of a hard time landing alot of my inverts with it though if there is any chop.. i think you will love the board but stay away from the murray bindings for sure. i have been through 4 sets of them.. the board isnt super fast but has the consistency of a cont. rocker and the pop of a 3 stage. and the pop is really consistent.. get it .. depending on how much you weigh though id prob get the 140.. i wish i would have gotten the 145
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
There are two threads that are quite large dedicated to the 08 Murray. I think they are called "135 Murray Tracking Post" and "140 Murray Tracking Post". Lot's of good info. I've ridden the board and definitely enjoyed it. I'm 5'7" and weigh 150 and would have preferred the 140. The board has a great edge, nice and smooth and pretty good pop. The landings aren't the best but the speed of the board helps smooth them out. I'm a CWB guy, but the Murray shape was pretty fascinating looking. I'm glad I tried it, it's a fun shape.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
I am a huge fan of this shape. everyone will have different opinions of different boards and styles. Like William said...you can break it loose....for me that is what I was looking for. Everytime I tried to do just that on my Ronix, it would dump me face first. I think the speed is great (perfect to be exact) clean ramping up the wake. The landings I really found to be no different than any boards I have ridden over the past 11 years. Try it....I absolutley love the board. This summer I tried Marius, Sub VI, Tribute (which was a pretty good board) and the Lyman....but the Murray is my fav for sure. This year I accomplished much more on this shape...glad I got it.
Old     (matt622)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-14-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
Thanks for the thoughts. I have been debating between the Murray and the LF Watson for awhile. I know the Watson is a super popular board, but I have always liked Hyperlites, so I am kinda leaning towards the Murray. Anyone ride both? Also, I'm now looking at bindings, and I think I'm gonna go with the '07 LF Transits. I found a good deal on them, and they seem to get pretty good reviews.