Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (rockkrawler82)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-16-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone I need a lot of help! I am in search of a wakeboard boat either 21 or 22 feet. Radio or speakers are no concern because I am going to install my own stuff. But I have gone around to boat shop and blogs searching for which boat is better than another! Help me out

I have looked at Nautique, Supra, Tige, Supreme,Reinell, Regal, Sanger, centurion.

The boats I liked the most were, (But not sure)

2007 Sanger D215 22’ 330 hp for $35K But had to add $4k in ballast tanks
2006 Centurion Enzo 23’ for $44K
2007 Natique used Team edition boat for $59K
2008 Nautique 210 super air for $57.5K
Old    K.B.C.            03-16-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
you can cross the Reinell and Regal off the list...

other than that they are all good options, demo the ones you like best and make your decision from there.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-16-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
I'd also take a look at Malibu and Supra. Those two dealerships are right by each other next to bigsurf. I sold my 06 malibu vlx about a year ago in Gilbert for 48k. Hope this helps.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Wakecraft ZR Wake. Add comes with 1200# ballast and is bare bones ready for you to add your own after market touches. Its 20.5 feet in length. Great wake and has a great 5 yr. wrty. Worth a look if your searching for a shorter boat.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-16-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
steve- take a demo on a tige Z1. great boat. great price.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-16-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
Steve,
So far you have a pretty good list there. I am a little partial....as is everyone but I love my Calabria Pro V. it is huge, throws a sound wake and has tons of storage space.
Old    kidrik            03-16-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Steve, I second the Pro-V.......even if I didn't get the "extra" ballast MOX did! (check his profile)
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
I would get the Centurion Enzo. But then I'm partial to the Cenurion's The Enzo is over 100" wide. A lot wider that the Nautique. It's going to put out a great wake for wakesurfing and wakeboarding. Check to see if it has all the ballast tanks in it. I beleive it should have 3 to 5. Then take the money that you saved over the nautique's and put you a great sound system in, and buy gas for the next few years.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
They also seem bigger than they are due to the wide beam. Great boats.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-16-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
supreme has a boat that will be released as an early '09 that should rival some of the best boats out there. they are still in early production and do not have one done completely but this boat will be absolutely sick. it will have a "picklefork" shape to the bow. the boat will be very deep as well. meaning that from the subfloor to the top deck is alot of space giving you a feel that your actually inside the boat. the new towers that supreme is using are very stable and look great.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-16-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
Hey Steve, I'll go with the trend here and recommend what I own so now you have a vote for Sanger. That's something you'll notice here, but why would anyone buy what they didn't want so it makes sense.
If you're going with an I/O the one I thought did best was the Regal. However I love my inboard much more than I thought I might, and have yet to be in a situation where I wished for one of the I/O's I tested.
Take the time to arrange test drives. Each boat has very good features but which ones matter most to you show up when you are in the boat.
Of course, after you test drive them you too will know why you're going to get that Sanger.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-17-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I have driven the Enzo. It rides nice but turns like a dog. Not sure why you have a direct drive mixed in there with all those other V-Drives...
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-17-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
my boat, my boat, my boat, my boat... what was the original question?

Oh, boats. Go with the Enzo but try to find a 220/216.
Old     (rockkrawler82)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-17-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
Well after reading all this info and other stuff Im not gonna lie supreme looks like a cheap knock off, but the malibu and moomba shop by bigsurf had all decked out boats with crap I dont need, but thats all they have. But I just checked out Epic Boats if you guys have heard of them. What do yall think? But thanks for the help
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-17-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Epic boats are a newer company. My buddy went out on Bartlet with Jimmy Wolf and others and he was totally stoked on the boat. Huge wake and everything comes included. (except the bimini)
Old     (rockkrawler82)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-17-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Yeah I like the complete look of the boat and I think some of our AZ models for our company would like it! haha
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-18-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I'm curious as to what Supreme is a cheap knock off of?? I own a Malibu, but I have crawled all over and ridden most of the Supremes and I was actually pretty impressed. I think it is one of the best budget wake boats out...if there is such a thing anymore.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-18-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
I like my Tige and the dealer has been great. You are lucky we have alot of great dealers here you wont go wrong with a Tige Malibu, Centurion,or nautique. I think they are all great dealers.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-18-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Dealer is most important. I have a Centurion, and I can confirm that the wake is fantastic, but handling is not the best. Great boat in the chop too, but the MC's I've been on handle alot better. It's what you want and the value you find. Dealer is a big part of the equation IMO.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
Justin - Supreme is made by Centurion... Kinda like Reinell and Blue Water
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2008, 12:05 AM Reply   
^^^uhhh I don't know about that one? Please explain...
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:09 AM Reply   
Machew - I was looking at Centurions today at the dealer and he said that Supreme and Centurion are owned by the same owner...

Kevin
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2008, 12:27 AM Reply   
Oh, I thought Sanger was made by Kal-Custom along with Supreme. Sanger made in the valley, Supreme made in Fremont. I did not know Rick Lee owned Supreme and Centurion.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-20-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Go with the 08 210 its badass
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-20-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Supra 21V if I was in the market for a 21 ft boat. Best boat for the $$ in my opinion.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Sanger, Supreme, and Centurion are all owned by the same people or atleast this one dude(Carol Cosner) has ownership in all of them. Sanger has its factory here in Fresno right off of the 99. Centurion and Supreme are made out of the same factory.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
^^^^ Nope...Karl Koster owns Kal Kustom. Sanger and Centurion are owned by different folks. Kal Kustom has the rights to distribute all Sanger, and Centurions west of the Mississippi, I believe. They (KK) do own Supreme, as well as Reinell and Blue Water.

Sanger is owned by the original family that started them, the Davidsons. The father, Jack, passed a while back, and his son Mike now runs the show.

To the best of my knowledge, Centurion is owned principally by Rick Lee, who has been around from the start.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
Thank God for meathead bringing some sanity! Sanger owned by the same people as SUPREME! Family owned and operated for 54 years.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
OK so Centurions are not made exclusively at their factory in Merced...ie. fineline industries? And supremes are made there too!
Old    falcon_v            03-20-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
Who cares, just test drive all and you be the decider. If you have any questions about any brand just ask and we would be happy to help you.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-20-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
I think this site has grown too big to be of much use anymore on most of these types of questions. I think that you will get more useful information by logging into the owner's web sites like Planetnautique.com or Tigeowners and asking guys what they like or dislike most about their boats.

You have to just test drive and then go with the heart. None of the boats you are looking at will disappoint...assuming you have good dealer support.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Just looking for some education/clarification guys, If you don't care OK
If I care or just want some info that's OK too and this IS the place to do it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Or you could create your own thread and let this guy get some answers without all the back and forth BS.

Steve, the boats you listed are all very good rides. You have to prioritize what things are most important to you. I don't own a boat so am impartial, but I do have my preferences. If $ is no object I'd be all over the new Nautique, its spacious, has an awesome wake and is built well. Looking at the numbers, the Sanger is a damn steal!! Thats a lot of boat for what you are paying. You just gotta prioritize things like wake, interior, value etc etc. Some might say one last longer than another, but its all in how you treat your ride. There are bad apples in every bunch, so pick the one that meets your criteria and have fun. Plus, once you own one, you can come on here and tell everyone why its the best boat BY FAR over any other POS. It's like a lifetime pass to diss anyone & everyone!! Hooray!
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
What the hell has happened to this site, It use to be the place for back and forth BS..why does everyone suddenly give a crap about the content of the threads and how pertinent they are to the subject. I understand we shouldn't be asking about bindings and boards when a guy wants to know about a stereo but hell he asked about Centurions and we're talking about Centurions.

Where's the old BU/MC/SAN sucks boat war threads. Are those not allowed anymore either?
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-20-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Here is the deal Steve...the boats that you listed all have good and bad attributes. There is no perfect boat. Everyone wants something different than the next guy.

Take as many demos as possible and get what works for you...not what works for the guys on Wakeworld.

There are some guys with amazing amounts of knowledge on this site that can be very helpful. There is also guys that pull s@#%t out of no where and have no idea what they are talking about as illustrated in part of this thread.

Good luck in your search and all of your boats listed will allow you to have fun and progress at wakeboarding. That is why we do this sport...right??
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-20-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
steve you cant go wrong with most of the dealers here is town. allthough i was stay away from the smaller boat dealers here. you cant go wrong with paradise watersports(malibu) century marine (nautique) or tige boats. i know thoes dealers personally and they are all very knowledgeable and have great service. im sure the other dealers in town are great too i just dont know them personally. if you have any questions about a dealer here in town just send me a pm. i can give you the skinny on them.
Old    falcon_v            03-20-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Let me calm the water when I said who cares I was refurning to people who argue about boat brands It is stupid that they do, If they did there research they would no that all the boats these days are great. Most boat builders use ideas from eachother and they get the same material that the rest of them get. When looking at a boat brand Look at these things Size of there company Who they sponser How much they advertise There track record and etc this altimly judjes the price of the boat. I have looked at tons of boats in my life and have owned a couple in my life. Another thing to do in my opion is call each company and talk to there people who run the show and that will help tell you alot about the company. compare warrantys dealer if used run a boat check with the hin. Sorry to go on and on It just stupid people argue about the stupid boats. O Yea and get every thing you want in the boat when you buy it. Also call the company they use and you will get alot of information from them ask about there products and what king of warranty they ofer and if they will stand behind it.Sorry again enjoy your search
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Arguing about boats is not stupid...it's classic entertainment for all of us and is 80% of the content of this discussion board. If you look at it like that, those hard core brand loyalist say some pretty funny stuff, maybe stupid sometimes but mostly f-ing funny.

Every one researching a boat should make a stop here. It's great to see them doing their research and then talking to the sales guy about "funny" things they read on wakeworld. Kinda sharpens the discussion.

Sorry I know that the last few threads had nothing to do with Steve's question...oh well I'm sure he'll understand
Old     (rockkrawler82)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Actually guys its not stupid, its like saying all boats are quality in some way. I can go to saturn and probably buy a car that comes out to $100,000 and saying well its made out of the same plastic and steel. But I would rather go to aston martin and get the better car and quality. I cant afford an aston martin but I want to find a boat that is not gonna drown me because the value drops so fast after purchase that its not worth any value like cadillac does. But I appreciate people who are telling me what years or directions to look at. I just wanted to get some opinions on which are quality, cheaper in price, but yet I wont feel screwed six months later by buying a boat at a cheaper price. I really am down to sanger, nautique, and the centrurion enzo. But I wanna check out epic boats, mastercraft, and tige. But I am nervous about them cause mastercraft and tige are expensive, and epic boats are like two years old and I have not a whole lot of information from general people who say that they are the best and a great warranty. But what are the policies you guys are getting on your boats, cause honestly i hear one to two from the shops, but nautique was like three to five. opinions????