Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-10-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
I'm ordering some speaker covers soon, and can't really decide which ones. Right now I'm leaning towards the Screamin Sacs because I just want a pure cover for travel and storage that I would take off on the water, not one that I would leave on when I'm out. What are your guys opinions or experiences with either? I have a feeling they are close to the same, but it doesn't hurt to get opinions.
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-10-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Zach,

Personally i love my speaker sox. Jim gives me a lesson in customer service everytime i have bought sox from him, and you will get them quick! I am on my 3rd purchase. Currently I have sox for my addictions and from my mirror. Also, you can take them off and throw them in the washing machine when they get dirty... one less thing to clean is huge for me!

Here is a previous post about them... with some pics of my sox among other things...lol.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/329034.html

Enjoy
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-10-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
I bought Speaker Sox last year and they've been great. As jon said, customer service is outstanding. I don't have any experience with Sacs. But I didn't go wrong purchasing Sox.
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-10-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
You weren't joking about customer service, I was pleasantly surprised to find an email from Jim waiting for me when I got home.
Old     (millerthymes)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-10-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
Jim was great to work with and I second the excellent customer service. We had several miscommunications on the sizing for my sox and he took care of me shipping me 3 different sets. I left mine on all summer and all winter in the elements. A little faded but I have just turned them inside out for this year and purchase a new set from Jim next year. I alson have covers for my racks which is grest and I highly recommend it.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
If you want a thinner material cover, go with screamin sacs, otherwise look for something else.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-11-2006, 12:04 AM Reply   
Screamin Sacs customer service can compare with anyone. Just ask them and you will get what you want. I like the products from screamin sacs better as well. My 2 cents
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-11-2006, 2:27 AM Reply   
I really couldn't care less about material thickness, I'm just looking for a cover I can put on the speakers while they are sitting in front of my house and while I am driving them to the bay. Speaker Sox is also a bit cheaper, so they have that advantage as well.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-11-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
One more vote for SPEAKER SOX.
Jim was great to deal with and shiiped them very fast.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-11-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
SCREAMIN SAC'S....oh too loud for you...can't say nothing bad bout the speaker sox never did business with them.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       06-11-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Another vote for Sacs. Excellent customer service.
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-11-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
I just finalized my order with Jim from Speaker Sox. Great guy, paypal wouldn't let me transfer the money so he came through with an alternate way of payment. Definitely check them out for covers if anyone else is thinking about getting some.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Thanks to this thread, i just bought (or am buying) some Speaker Sox from Jim. Interested to see how they turn out. They are going to have the Wetsounds logo - which I think is hot.
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-12-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Yeah, I just went with grey, no embroidery or anything. Should be great considering we're towing up to Shasta this year, and that's 14 hours worth of bugs that won't hit the speakers.
Old    lg925            06-12-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
I ordered a set from Screamin'Sacs (love that name)
received in 2 days, I was quite impressed. They fit excellent, and they actually had purple to match my boat. I understand they are also offering custom embroidery, but I too didn't need that, just wanted something to look nice and keep the bugs off my system. I also ordered a set of guide pads to match in purple with the flame graphics and they look bad a**. purple fanatic here, gotta have everything in purple to match the boat.
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-12-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
I had a really good experience with Screamin Sacs. They custom made a mirror cover for me that turned out to be too small and they sent me another one immediately. I am going to buy also a teak cover from them. Great guys.