Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
Just curious as to what eveyone is using for wax? I need to buy some new wax as I need to wax the boat before I winterize it this winter. I was thinking about going with the hot sauce brand stuff whatever its called but didn't know what the best wax out there is.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2010, 7:17 AM Reply   
You will def. get a lot of different responses on this one.

I switched over to leverage products by marine clean a couple of years ago. The leverage polish and wax is awesome, I can was my hull and deck in 10 minutes. I like it b/c it goes on easy and comes off easy. I do it a couple times a year and it holds up great. here is their website

http://www.leveragepolish.com/

Only problem is you have to mail order it. Their oxidation remover is really awesome too. I have never been a belwiver in an all-in-one compound, but this is the real deal.

If you want more info on their products go to www.offshoreonly.com. Hunderds of post about the products.

Last edited by murphy_smith; 09-01-2010 at 7:18 AM. Reason: add more info
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Well before you put it up you gonna want to actually wax your boat with a paste wax not just a spray wax/cleaner. I use Meguires Flagship wax applied with a microfiber applicator, rub it in until it becomes shiny then use a microfiber towel to wipe it off. You should use a cleaner wax first followed by a polish then the waxing I mentioned. Check out Meguires website for details.

The Hot Stuff is getting rave reviews and I'm eager to try it out but for now at wipe down I either use Babes Boat Bright or Meguires Flagship Ultimate Detailer. I prefer the later over Babes.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-01-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Collonite Fleet Paste Wax.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Candle Wax
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-01-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
Turtle wax. After every other use.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
X2 what Hate said.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
yes I would like it to be a paste wax.... I am goign to use slimy grimy to totally clean the hull and everything then put on a heavy layer of paste wax but cant decide on the best solution for the paste wax
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-01-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
collinite fleet or insulator wax - i prefer insulator...much easier to apply and remove
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-01-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Boat Bling Pro Sauce is the best I have used.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-02-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
I am liking the looks of the leverage product
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-02-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
I 2nd Leverage products. That is what I have used for the past year or so. Came from the performance boat community with $XXXK boats and really works wonders.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-02-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
Over the years I've used just about everything out there. IMO the results are all pretty close to the same, so the main difference to me lies in how easy it is to apply and buff off.

Last summer I bought Meguires Flagship and a bottle of Nu Finish. I did one side of the boat with Nu Finish and one side with Meguires Flagship. Both sides looked awesome, but the NU Finish side was soooo much easier to apply and buff off. The water beads just as well too, not mention that you can apply it in direct sunlight unlike most other waxes.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-03-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
I have heard that Nu Finish has a lot of petroleum in it. Also heard it was bad for painted surface too.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-03-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
The Meguiars products come in both liquid and paste...any reason for choosing the paste version over the liquid version?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
I guess I meant the liquid