Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (twa)      Join Date: May 2010       05-13-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Need a new board and went from riding a 06 substance to riding a friends LF team. Definitly preferred the team, riding the substance afterwards just felt way to slow.
Don't have the option to demo so can anybody give some insight on what higher end boards are similiar to the team?
been thinking of the lyman, marek., conspiracy or possibly a company board
Im 6'1, 85kg if that matters
also found a very good deal on ebay for the assault but i think this might be very similiar to the substance?
thanks for the help guys
Old    benj_t            05-13-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
Dude, get the Lyman FOR SURE. Its actually pretty similar to the Team board but alot faster with WAY softer landings. Keith Lyman rode the Trip before he got his pro model. Get the 143 Lyman and theres no way you could be dissapointed especially since you have been riding the Trip
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-14-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
+1 on the Lyman vote. It rocks. just got a new 09 and it is fast and smooth!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-14-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
I think the new b-side is insane. i went from riding the marek to riding that because of the speed.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-14-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
the lyman is sick no doubt, its very fast. it has alot of features that i like. but ill also vote for company. i ride the severance now (used to be on the lyman) and i think my company board is way faster, i have more fun all around on it then my lyman. but the lyman is still a great board. just something to consider. good luck! either way, you really cant go wrong
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-14-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
oh, and btw, if you want fast, you wont want the assault. i think the assault has more pop then any other board ive ever ridden, and ive ridden quite a few, its on my top 3 list for boards defiantly, its incredible. but it rides soooooo slow. its way to locked in, and way to slow, those two things would stop me personally from buying it, but thats just my oppinion. but on the other side, the looser and faster the better in my opinion. and the assault doesn't come close to either of those
Old     (rivrat)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-14-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
both the b side and the marek are awesome boards the marek is a lil faster but i think the b side has more pop but if you get the marek in the nova core its super light I like both boards and don't think you can go wrong with either one
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-15-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
i have ridden almost every hyperlite/byerly board mentioned so far and here's my take:

Marek - the fastest (10/10) and most edge sensitive board. most intense riding board i have ever been on, ever.
Conspiracy - 2nd in speed (8.5/10), very fast on edge, but a smoother more relaxed feel edge to edge, but releases off the wake super quick. also more of an upward jolt rather than out. one of the hardest snaps off the wake ive ever ridden as well.
B-Side - 3rd in speed (7.5/10), very loose and very very quick release off the wake. also more upward snap off the wake.
Assault - 4th in speed (6/10), but pretty quick on edge to the wake. great snap off the wake, but more grip than the conspiracy, Bside, and marek when in riding flat. also has a longer release than the others.

hope this helps.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
Left feild vote for the Obrien Valhalla. Progressive three stage and faaaaaaaast!

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=57608
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-15-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
Another Left Feild Vote for the Valhalla and the for the Decade! both ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Valhalla is that fastest board I have ever shredded!!! With the Decade a close second.