Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-27-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Stepping into the wake scene can be a very challenging feat for an entering wakeboard company. Slinshot Wake is by far the most progressive, professional and freindly company I have dealt with.

Their boards are so fun to ride. You get so much more pop on these than any other board. It takes a while to get used to, but after a few rides, you won't ever go back to a normal board.

Also, the way they treat their customers is so nice. Whoever is looking for a new board, get in touch with Slingshot!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-27-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
you riding for them now?
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-27-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
What's up Rod, not that surprised to find you on here.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-27-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Thats good to hear man. I'm pretty sure ill be at the GraduWAKEtion so hope to see you there killing it on the Slingshot.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-27-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
Collin Wright is going to be out at the Spring Ride along with the Rod.... I'm stoked to check out the Slingshot gear. Definitely progressive thinking.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-27-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
I have been trying to get in touch with those guys(slingshot)... any suggestions?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-27-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Jared- whats with the profile pic!?!? hope nobody else was around to see how dangerous and destructive wakeboarders can be on the lake.
Slingshots look pretty cool I'm definitely interested in atleast demoing one if they ever come to our area.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
Damn Rod, it was really cool to hear how much you liked the ride. I am super stoked for you, Slingshot got a great rider for sure. We gotta go hit it next weekend, I wanna try that thing out so bad!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-27-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
how much did you have to pay for that add?
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2007, 11:41 PM Reply   
Yeah man if they flex like that intro on there website, then I'm all for it, anything to make the sport more like snowboarding but original in it's own will be sick. copt me a 07 Shane but I might have to copt me a slingshot 2.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
do they sell them anywhere
looks sick
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-29-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
I have seen the boards on dry land and they are pretty flexible, i hear they have amazing pop, and there is so little swing weight, it feels like you're not even strapped in to anything. I can't wait to try one out!
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
ROD!
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-31-2007, 3:06 AM Reply   
My roommate rode one for the first time earlier today and landed a switch toe flat five on his first try, after not riding since before november, I would have ridden it but my feet were to big for the bindings. But my roommate,(a coach at west coast camps, and not Jared Couch) loved the board and was sold on it after the first ride, he said it is amazing. I have heard nothing negative about the board or boots, so I cannot wait to ride it.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-31-2007, 3:55 AM Reply   
here is a video posted on wakeboardingmagazine...
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/article.jsp?ID=50834&destinationID=
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-31-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Will flexing like that gradually work the shape of the board out? ie if you flex the ends upward, will you eventually have a board that is curved more then when you bought it?
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-03-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
Check out greenhouserideshop.com for the slingshot gear!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jered, are you going to be at the Slingshot demo Friday at Kopert lake & ride the contest on Saturday?
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-06-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
Randy, which weekend are you speaking of? Weekend of May 5th?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-06-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
Jared, this weekend, I think Colin was doing demo day today and the AWS spring classic contest is tomorrow.
Old    CCAW            04-06-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
Rod i hear you're flexible like the slingshot on the dance floor? is this a rumor?
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-06-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
Everyone better tell us the verdict on the boards.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2007, 12:34 AM Reply   
Randy, no...I won't be around. However, I will be at graduWAKEtion and then the following weekend, both collin and I will be at Spring Ride, should be a blast!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-08-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
I finally got to ride the Slingshot yesterday! My normal ride is the CWB Absolute Platinum. Talk about a fun ride! Completely different than anything I've ridden and would definately take some getting used to. Its crazy feeling the flex as you ride and it is especially noticeable on landings, very soft and forgiving because of the ability to flex the boar and butter out if you are out of position. It would take me a few more rides (& perhaps the smaller size) to get completely used to it. Althought the 142 felt much smaller than it is due to its light weight and profile. I was certainly impressed. Don't think I'd give up my beloved Absolute but certainly a shape/idea that with time could be very fun to ride all the time. What I've noticed in reviewing the video I've taken of Jared (who is killing it on the board), as I mentioned on the landings. He did a huge late Mute 3 and landed wrapped. As the board set down I am able to see it flex and just set him down as if on pillows. The film actually looks weird as the landings is not normal. Anyhoo thats all I know for now.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
big heavy, would you be so kind to post some of this video, because i know i would realy like to see some of the slingshot stuff in action. is it at all similart to riding the roam wake to wake?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
I'm working on a video right now but it might be a couple weeks before shes done. It is not like riding a Roam at all, the Roam is too soft and "noodles" off the wake. Slingshots recoil strong off the wake. and helps kick you up.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Stephan, will you be having any footage of you on the Slingshot in your video?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
I don't know, my camera man kinda sucks!! There's seriously like 34 seconds of me, thanks for nothing Rod. How was Nac yesterday?
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-12-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
I am interested in checking out slingshot. Will some one PM me the contact info.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-13-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Jeff, I mentioned your post to Jared. I think he's going to contact you. Once the bum gets off the lake that is. I talk to the guy today & asked where he is...well he essentially listed all my friends names & then said "we're at the lake". Some people's kids....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2007, 11:24 PM Reply   
I rode the recoil 138 (I think, is that the medium flex model?) last weekend. It was pretty similar to my watson for feel, a little bit lighter, it took me a while to work the pop out but in the end I found it slightly less poppy than the Watson. Landings were softer. Very nice overall. The boots were cool but a major mission to do up all the laces then hard to get out of. Overall 8 out of 10. Nice!
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-14-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
Just thought I would invite anybody in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to come demo the slingshot boards, Slingshot said they sent them out on Thur. and should be in mid next week (Apr. 21). We'll have demo boards and an Epic to demo if anybody is interested.

NorTex WaterSports
Old    d_fresh            04-15-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
At the Walled Lake Wake Tournament we will be having the slingshot board to demo. TWC in Keego has two boards and sets of bindings. We will also be having the Epic out there. July 15th, www.wlwake.com