Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
So 4 sets in and I already have issues. Just curious what people do to stop the extra part of the lacing on the boot that snaps on the back of the boot to stay there?

Also, first set and i already lost one of the tightening parts at the top bracket? on the left boot and on the right boot the little disc that tghtens the bottom half of the boot is gone too.

Any fixes or anyone else had these probs? I love the bindings but sheesh.. after 4 rides???
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
My D2's have a hole in the back of the boot where you would stick your finger to pull it on, I take the lace and feed it through there.... it keeps it tucked away and short enough to not bounce around.

... I don't know if the Floyds are different, I could call up Kyle at SS he'll have advice
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-20-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
they did away with the bottom tightener. Its really not needed. Mine broke as did everyones I think. For 09 they did not have one. Sounds like you got 08. The snaps dont really hold, Nick has the right idea though. SS had problems with over engineering in some areas for 07 and 08. Great boots though, everyone in my crew has either switched to them or is really wanting to.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-21-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
I posted pretty much the same exact problem back in April/May. However you're in luck because Slingshot has excellent customer service so just give them a call.
Old     (ziggen)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
I cross the laces after tightening the bottom, the plastic piece has never popped out.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
They'll send you new cinchers....they sent me 4 of the same ones that cinch up the top.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-21-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
just tie a slipnot
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
I will definitely contact them.. hopefully they make it thru the weekend.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
My crew all rides Recoil/Floyd combo-

We all prefer 08 Floyds over 09.

The lock discs all fall out. We have replaced with generic tighteners from sporting good store.

Keep an eye on the little white "locks" in the top lace spot. The metal keeper gets bent and they fall out. I glue/clamp them in for extra.

For the back snaps thread the lace through either the brace loop or the hole on the back of the boot, then snap. Works like a charm.

SS customer service is the best...............
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
if you don't know how to tie a slipknot, just put snowboard boot laces in it and tie it like a shoe.