Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Anybody have them? I saw them on e-bay and since my handle is broken was thinking about getting one of them. How do they compare the straight line ropes/handles? Thanks for the input
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
I got one from e-bay. It does the job and has held up pretty well. Some of the cosmetic details about how they wrap the dead ends of the rope have come off, but if you're not worried about that kind of stuff and just want a good, low-cost no stretch line, it's a good way to go. My high-maintenance crew doesn't like the handle (they say it is too slick) but I honestly can't tell the difference between their $120 handle and mine.
Old    billgjohnson            08-24-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
The President of the company is here on the boards, do a search for Bullet and you will find him. He just posted recently about his ropes. I think it was in the spectra in bulk thread...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-24-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
I have one and it works well for the price. The handle is somewhat slick though. I've learned to deal with it, but my wife and son ride with gloves. They say it gives them better grip.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
I have one and I love it..Got it for $86 shipped..I don't think the handle is slick at all, but that's just my $.02

Got it from boarder007 off ebay...
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-24-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I have one as well. IMO I think the handle is a little slick and too narrow. We usually ride at 85' foot as well so I do need to use an extra rope length from an older rope. I mainly use the bullet rope as a backup as I have upgraded to an accurate A-line with premier handle. The premier handle is much thicker and better suited for my hands. You cannot beat the price for the rope/handle though.
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
actiondcpd--the handle is narrow in what way? How wide the handle is or diameter of the grip?

Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-24-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
diameter.. sorry about that.
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2005, 5:24 PM Reply   
Thats cool.

Bill--Thanks man I'll look for that thread and read up on it.
Old    billgjohnson            08-24-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
Here is the link!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/245344.html

The president's name is Kenneth Land (bulletlines) on the boards. It looks like he will even give you a discount maybe...I think that if you tell him his product is slippery I bet he would work with you all on fixing it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-24-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
I bought one on ebay and it was fine
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-25-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
I bought one last season off of Ebay and the handle only floated for my first 2 runs...after that, it sank no matter what I did. I even tried attaching my own floats, still didn't work. No offense to anyone that likes their products, but I personally think they suck big time...I now use my bullet rope to tie my boat up. I realized I was going to have to drop some cash to get a good rope, so I bought the Thermal line and Accurate Harf handle...worth every penny, it helped my riding tremendously. Hope your experiences with Bullet products have been better than mine, I was not impressed.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-28-2005, 10:31 PM Reply   
bought a bullet rope and handle. I now own a Straight Line handle and an accurate yellow jacket rope. The seller on ebay will tell you the rope is made of the same thing as the accurate yellow jacket. Accurate states that their rope has a closed cell neoprene core, and that it floats like a cork. Right on; it does float great. Although the bullet ebay listing states it is made of the same stuff as the accurate jacket lines, I seriously doubt that. The bullet line does not float very well. I think the handle supported the rope more than the rope floating. It hung out about three inches below the surface after it became wet. Further the rope does not have a closed cell neoprene core, like the accurate line (i cut my line open on one of the extension sections; not closed cell neoprene). The bullet line was very stiff when new, and never got much better. The accurate line is soft and flexible from day one. The handle was slippery compared to my lovely Straight Line handle.

The Bullet rope for the handle freyed through the black plastic grommets along the rope, resulting in about 1/2 the rope being cut in about a month's riding. How strong is my rope now?

I contacted the President of Bullet Lines (Ken). Here is his response, grammatical errors included.. "We normally warranty the product for 30 days from manufacturer defect. Ropes
and handles do where out. A typical owner will go thru a rope and handle
every 2 years. Is the freying affecting the perfomance or integrity of the
handle? We will not replace because someone is pickey about the where and
tear on equipment. Every user Puts where and tear on the product
differently."

He told me that I He told me 30 day warranty on the handle. i think i had owned it about two months at the time. I raised a stink, so then he told me he would would send me a new handle at his cost plus shipping, total was 25 dollars. Seems down right ridiculuous to pay someone twenty five dollars for something that you had used for two months. He said i abused the rope. I guess wakeboarding is abusive to his rope and handles.

You get what you pay for. JUNK. Bad warranty. Bad customer service. Does not back his product. If the line was worth a darn then the warranty would be greater than 30 days.
Old    tribal            08-29-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Well John I'll have to disagree.I've had a bullet line and handle as well as a accurate line and handle the last 2 years and they've both shown equal wear and tear.Bullet line floats fine and no they wouldn't be made of a closed cell neoprene core or they would break.The core has to be spectra that's were the strength comes from.It would be the ropes outer sheath that would have something in it to keep the line floating.
BTW stiff lines are a good thing they keep the tangles out.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Stiff to a certain degree i agree. Stiff so it is hard to wrap up is too stiff. The Straightline ropes have an inner core of closed cell neoprene. Closed cell neoprene is what they use to make vests out of; it readily bends and it obviously floats.

attached is a picture of the wear and tear. you tell me if this is normal. this is one end of the grommets that connect the handle. Their are three of these connections, all with at least half of the rope cut or partially cut through.

frayed rope attachment
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
here's another pic of the connection. A bit blurry, but you get the point. Three of these connectors, all cut about half way through.

Worst case is that the rope is down to 12.5% of it's original strength (1/2 of rope equals 50% strength, 1/2 of 1/2 =25%, 1/2 of that equals 12.5$) Best case is the rope is half as strong as it should be. Somewhere between worst and best case is where it likely sits.
frayed rope attachment
Old    tribal            09-02-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
It look's like you're comparing apples and oranges.I agree your handle looks bad but I think that is the lower end handle.The line on my handle is a soft pliable white spectra.
I'm not saying you're wrong with your bad experience,I'm only relating my own experience which is damn good line and handle for half the price.I swear I can't tell a difference between the Accurate and Bullet line besides the colour.
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
sean tribe--which handle do you have? I"ve been looking at them lately and was curious...
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-02-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
supposedly the owner of bullet lines stated in another thread he's never made a red line, so you may have a knock off...

Check the link that Bill Johnson above posted...

I have a bullet line & handle and have had no problems..
My bullet line & handle
Old    tribal            09-03-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
Same handle and line as in Justin's pic.I haven't looked on e-bay in a while but I guess it's the high end handle and line,4500lbs breaking strength,blah,blah.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
same handle and line as you have. Not comparing apples and oranges. According to Bullet Line President, i have their top of the line handle and rope.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
Came from Bullet. It is definitely his line. Why would he sweating it so bad if it clearly was not his. I bought it off Ebay, along with everyone else that has bought these lines.

Look at the line where it goes through your little black grommets. i'll bet you find some cuts.

Big difference between my accurate yellow jacket line and his. Huge difference between my SL handle and his. Believe it or not, it noticeably improved my riding experience and ability.

John
Old    murrayair            09-04-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
I have had my Bullet handle for about 2 or 3 months and it has been a good handle for me. It does seem to wear a little more quickly than some of the other handles I have had (the plastic on the ends of the wrap handle is comign off), but I got it brand new for $45 off the WW classifieds, so I'm not complaining. Despite the wear, it still works quite well.
Old    tribal            09-04-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
I'm sorry John I know you feel you are getting burned but you are comparing apples and oranges.I just looked on e-bay and all the handles [high end] from Bullet still look exactly the same as mine which looks exactly like Justin's but not like yours.Your rope in the handle is red with a white core and looks stiff.Our handles have the light blue line that is soft and supple.I don't know why I'm arguing with you about this I guess I just felt I got a good deal from Bullet so I'll give my 2 cent plug.As I stated before I've had my handle 2 yrs about 150 days on it and it still looks like new.My accurate handle is 3 yrs old and starting to fray and will break soon.No complaints,just normal wear and tear.
What did you pay for your rope and handle?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-04-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
I used a bullet on Friday and really liked it, I thik they are great and it floated fine
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-04-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
John. That is not a Bullet line. I've had mine for 2 years now. The line is good. I think that the handle is too slick though. Will probably keep the line and buy a new handle. My 2 cents.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
here is the ebay link to the handle i bought. Same place you guys got yours. Bullet line. If it is not his "high end" handle, then he mis represented his handle when he listed it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7159544121&sspagename= ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
I think I might have to agree with you John. He also stated in the other thread that he didn't sell red lines and yet there is one listed on e-bay with the picture being a red line. So is this someone else misrepresenting his company or are they all his???

Old    tribal            09-14-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
Well sorry John, that is the same setup as mine as you were supossed to get, so it look's like you got burned.My appologies.
The guy from Bullet should come clean and work this out.Just when I was thinking of ordering another handle from him for my buddy
Old    natxbrotha            09-14-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
john bowen,

your rope looks fine. i have a masterline microfusion rope and it does that in high stress areas as well since the spectra is actually covered in a polymer or something. it wont hurt your rope, but it wouldnt hurt to keep an eye on it.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
That is my handle, in red. The other post I responded to was about a yellow rope I never produced.

John,

This will be the third time I have said this: Your handle is wearing thru the coating, it has not penetrated the spectra. The integrity has not been compromised. WE DO NOT REPLACE COSMETIC DAMAGE. We do not replace handles thru normal wear. There is not a defect in the rope. All spectra fusion ropes will wear on the top coating. That is what the top coating is for.

Also, I offered to replace the handle upon return one time at no cost, but I know you were just looking for a hand out. You never returned the handle, nor did you return my last email to you.

Ken Land
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
Went back and reread the post Bill Johnson referenced, I was wrong he does make red lines and blue lines. Just got the colors mixed up. For that I am sorry. It sounds like John bowen is just very picky about what his handles look like. Personnally, if it works...it works. Suck it up and live with it.

On another note, I don't know that Mr. Land has very friendly customer service and that he would probably be hard to work with judging from his posts on this board. Just my 0.02

Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
i wasn't looking for a hand out. Actually you never responded to the last email to you, which said "Re: your offer below which stated "I will replace it for you once. Please send back the handle you have with a copy of this email."

What address would you like the handle sent to?"

I never heard from you and frankly it was not worth my trouble to ship it back to you, for the cost of shipping, etc.. My four year old uses it to "wakeboard". It is tied to our deck where he practices.

it may be cosmetic in nature, but it certainly does not appear that way. You need to redesign your grommets so they don't cut into the rope; even if it is cutting through the "cosmetic" coating as you state.

Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Mr Land,

By the way, i re read our rather lengthy email conversation and you never stated that it is wearing through the coating, and has not pentrated the spectra.

Doesn't 30 days seem a bit short of time to warranty and item, even a rope????

Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
John,

Send the handle to the address below, and I will replace it. Please include a return address.

Regarding our email conversation, I recommend that you do not use threats, or aquisations of not telling the truth. I might have been a little easier to work with.

You contacted after using the handle for almost an entire summer, and then wanted me to replace cosmetic damage. That was basically 2 and a half months after you purchased the product. I do not know of any business owner who would replace something after that length of time for cosmetic damage.

Ken Land
770 N IH35, #922
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Mr. Land,

Your products suck...seriously. I bought one of your handles and ropes and used it 5 times...it now is used to tie my boat up when I dock. But I realized that I sold into a "value" product and I deserved what I got. So I kept my opinions of your products entirely to myself and went out and bought an Accurate A-line rope and Accurate Premier handle. Cost me over twice what your product did, but it was worth every penny. After reading the way you have handled yourself and represented your company on this thread, I have no problems whatsoever telling anyone on this site and anyone on the lake that I meet just how much they should stay away from your products and how they should take their money elsewhere. Take care and keep making great dock lines disquised as ski ropes.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
i did not threaten. I said I would let the people on wakeworld and wakeboarder know my opinion of your product and the customer service i received. the only way you could construe that as a threat is if your product and/or service are substandard.

On the other hand, I have posted more than a few posts of the great service I've recived from wakeside.com. I'm sure they did not take that as a "threat" when I told them I was going to let everyone on wakeboarder.com and wakeworld.com know about the service I had received.

Whether it is cosmetic or not is up to the experts to determine. My accurate yellow jacket and Straight Line handle show no wear after much more use.

Keep your handle. I'd hate to take it away from my four year old as he practices his "wakeboarding" on the back porch.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-19-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Mr Land the customer is always right,and should never have to make post like this to make his or her point, the handle should have been replaced without him or her sending the old one back. IMO if Bullet lines would have just replaced the line or handle when they heard of the problem it would have saved you alot more than what the handel coast you, now you are going to loose biz from other wakeboards,who are not going to buy youre product, all because poor customer service, dont make any since to me. I will say I have never used any bullet products so I cant say anything on the quality of merchandise or customer service. Iam just responding to this one post.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
haha well that pretty much sealed the deal for me: im going for the accurate line/handles from now on. I was looking at the bullet lines and had heard one of my friends mention they wore out fast but didnt think anything of it. Thanks guys for steering me in the right direction.

Mr. Land, I have a DJ business and what you have shown here in this thread is not how you run a business or treat a customer.
Old    robertt            09-19-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
I was duped into buying a "fake" Bullet line. I am pretty sure of that. Having that said, I will never...and I mean never....give Bullet any of my business.

The way that I was threatened with a lawsuit right off the bat was ridiculous.

Sometimes customers expect too much. Sometimes they think that a negative post on a message board will get them what they want. Both are wrong.

The customer service here is appalling.

Best of luck to everyone that wants a Bullet line. I am going to stick with my thermal, for fifty bucks from the great folks at Grizzly.

Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
you can get great lines on ebay at the end of the year for great prices. Last month I bought a legitimate Accurate Yellow Jacket line for 55 dollars on Ebay. It floats like a cork, has shown zero signs of wear and is much more "tangle-free".

I'm suprised i have not been threatened with a law suit. I thought I was getting a great deal. Just goes to show you, too good to be true is often too good to be true.
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-22-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
I will reiterate that I have had one of these lines and handles for three years now with no problems. Some of the bitching that I'm seeing here was brought on the owner by himself, but I think the product is getting an unfair shake. Sure the product is prbably not the level that you get from the top of the line, but for half the price, what do you expect? I'm sure there are other people on here that will come to the rescue and not let this guy get run down but what appears to me to be a couple of anal retentive people. Don't hate me-just my opinion (based on direct experience with the product).
Old     (wakebrad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
I got a Bullet rope off ebay but bought the LF Greg handle because the handle on ebay did look slippery. After a few emails I received extremely promptly, I purchased the rope. It got to my house less than 24 hours after the auction closed! I was amazed. I've used the rope a couple times since then. Didn't really pay attention to whether it floats or not but it works great. It is a little difficult to coil but in my experience it's a great product for the money. No complaints.