Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-06-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Anyone familar with the new hyperlite lineup? My 2008 Murray's ripped and my local wakeshop just told me Hyperlite will replace with 2010 Team. Anyone know what these bindings are like and whether or not they are comparable? Would like to know what I'm getting before I destroy my Murrays...
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-06-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
They look pretty sick... All white if I remember correctly, without a lot of the "frills" and crazy design schemes like the rest of the 2010 line up. Should be a pretty nice upgrade from 08 Murrays I'd think.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
You will love them compared to your 08 murrays. The are super comfy!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-06-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
they are light years ahead of the 08 murrays, the footbed it way more comfy, doesnt let your foot slide all around, the bulky-ass pressure point tongue is now a comfy wrap around style liner. they have a 6" baseplate, so there will be WAY less heel/toe lift. They do not have the removable stiffeners but they will still be head and shoulders improved over the 08's. they do have an aesthetic toe strap that covers the bottom laces, but this is just for looks.
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-06-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
awesome, sound great. Thanks guys
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       10-06-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Super comfy - and much nicer foot bed.
The smaller 6- pattern plate gives the bindings practically zero heel lift compared to the 08's. Much lighter than the 08's as well. Not as high of a wrap- but a much nicer liner that will wrap around your foot. You'll be excited..
Upload
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-06-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
is there an adapter to put them on a board made for 8-inch base-plates?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-06-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Those look pretty sweet. How do they differ from the 2009 Murray's? Can I get a 2010 6" base plate and footbed for my 2009's? The '09 footbed is ridiculously uncomfortable. I've modified mine to be useable but they still aren't ideal.

Thanks!
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-06-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
My 09 Murray foot bed on my left foot is great but my right foot arch kills me
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-06-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Those boots kinda look like the shoes that marty mcfly had on in back to the future part 2.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-06-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
Snork - Yeah, I don't know anybody that owns a pair of 90's that can deal with that elevated arch. I put just the toe piece of a shim under my foot bed which flattened it out a bit. Now my toes are jammed in there now but at least the arch doesn't hurt quite as bad.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-06-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
I have a couple answers for you guys too. First off, roll with the 6" plates on the 8" insert boards. Even though you cant use the outside holes your toes big toe will be in almost the same exact place. Plus you will have a torsinally stiffer base plate, which equals less heel and toe lift. The liners are dual density so your liners will hold up longer and feel better longer. The finishing of the boots have also increased. So you have a better quality boot that looks better also.

Second, if your arches are bothering you in the '09 boots I have a simple fix for it. If you email me I can send you the quick fix.

Third, this years boot line is has improved dramatically in the last few years and we have more to come. You might know what I am talking about if you watched the Hyperlite Happy Hour on Stokemeter.com last week. Go out and try on a pair and compare the heel & toe lift, the fit, and the looks to all other boots. Combine that with our new boards for this year and you have a rock solid setup.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
coreym@hosports.com
Old     (tbrd180)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if these will turn brown or look dirty after being in the lake? and if yes how long do they stay white and looking new?
Old     (nschimm)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-03-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
Im guessing they are made with the same material as the 09 murrays. My 09 are still white and look new after a 1 season on river.
Old     (tbrd180)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
The Lakes that I ride in are all muddy bottoms and turn white board shorts brown. Do you think it will do the same to the boots?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       11-03-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
eventually, im sure. but does it really matter as long as they still ride well? Id rock pink boots if they fit comfortably
Old     (tbrd180)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
Thats true. I was was just wondering. They definitely look and sound awesome! Cant wait to get a pair!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-04-2009, 1:18 AM Reply   
my white 09 murrays arent quite as bright and shiny as a new pair in the box, but they are by no means brown. they have yellowed a slight shade, but only in certain areas. i think this is actually exposure to sun rather than murky water, and i ride in the fox river. we know muck.