Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-06-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
Currently riding a 2007 Hyperlite Murray. Looking for an upgrade. Loved the pop an control of the Murray board but want to get something new. I'm 38 6'0" 165 lbs beginer rider. can do wake to wake jumps but healside only. Looking for a board with the same great pop an control as the 07 Murray. Price doesn't matter. I tried the 2012 Hyperlite Franchise but seemed a little to loose.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
how about the new current Murray. never rode the 2007 murray but i like the feel of the new one.

if possible, demo a large variety of boards. otherwise i think the current murray will be a fantastic safe bet
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-07-2012, 4:44 AM Reply   
i have a new 2012 murray nova core if your interested, its a size 137. The nova core boards are suppose to be really light and have snappy pop off the wake. You should also look at the new marek board ive heard that its really nice.
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-07-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
I was thinking about the 2013 Murray an I saw that the price is low cause he is no longer riding pro.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrhino View Post
I was thinking about the 2013 Murray an I saw that the price is low cause he is no longer riding pro.
murray is still pro, just might not be on contest podiums all the time.
murray, hyperlite, greg nelson worked together to make murray's board good for all levels and styles of riding. the price is made affordable for everyone as well i am sure.
if you want an even better deal, get last years. there is no difference. or snatch up an older nova core for a lighter snappier core.
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-07-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info, I didn't think about getting last years model. Might be able to save some coin that way then i can get the binding system also. Can't wait to get back on the water next spring. Living in Iowa has its disadvantages.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-08-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
There should be a grade for the "pop" a board gives, the pro murray hyperlite board would be a 5 on a scale from 1-10
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
What board or boards would you give a higher rating to. I'm open to suggestions.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2012, 4:31 PM Reply   
I don't know if this will help but I went from a 07 Murray to a LF Watson.. Which now is the watson classic.. Transferred right over and i feel like it had a lot of the same characteristics of the 07 murray.. Really fast, smooth roll onto edge, and soft-ish landings(I'm on a slingshot now). Maybe give the Watson Classic a try.. just a lil help from someone who rode the same board
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 5:13 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I'll check into that also.