Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-27-2011, 3:42 PM Reply   
Hey all, I went to clean my 2006 X-Star for the upcoming season. I noticed the bad calcium deposits that built up over the year, I tried CLR 3/4 strength and full but no results I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I also have old tire scuff marks on the side of my boat and I tried goo gone but again no results any sugestions on what gets rid of them?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-27-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
Do you guys have cillit bang?
http://cillitbang.co.uk/index.shtml (it was easier than a pic)

I use the lime one neat with a cloth and just rub the boat down with it after I've washed and dried it, and then rinse it off. Not sure what it could do to the gelcoat though so I only use it occasionally and sparingly, but it leaves the boat looking new.

Can't help you with the tire marks though.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
Couple of the boat owners I ride with swear by using toilet bowl cleaner to get rid of calcium, scuff marks, and discoloration. SnoBowl I think is the brand they use, and they don't do it very often, like only for a year-end detail. You'll want to dilute it down to a min of 50% with water and be sure you use some heavy vinyl dishwashing gloves. One of the guys put it on straight without diluting it and it melted part of the rub rail. Some harsh stuff, but made the stainless border around the rub rail shine like new...
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-27-2011, 9:47 PM Reply   
aqua buff. google it. Took 16 years residue off reall nice like. needs an orbital buffer for sure.
Old     (EnderWiggin)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-28-2011, 4:33 AM Reply   
I used Easy On and Off on some really old stains and it worked unbelievably! Sprayed it on, lightly brushed it, rinsed. Not sure how it would work on calcium, but for old boat scum, that's what I'm using.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-28-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Lime-Away- Works great, wont hurt your gel coat but will take ALL wax off so be prepared to rewax the boat. It will look a LOT better.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-29-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
I can second the Lime-Away. But I have not tried CLR and thought they were very similar ingredients.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-30-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
Depending on the stuffs you should be able to use acetone or lacquer thinner on a rag.