Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    mbsteve            05-20-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
are these amps any good?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-20-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
i would be careful on these amps.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-20-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
I would stay away from them have heard there not very good amps. I thought you just installed a new amp? Looking to add another?
Old    mbsteve            05-20-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
i did, i just heard people talking about boss speakers and wondered if the amps were any good.a friend just gave me a rev 600 new in the box and thought about it powering my 4 infinity 612i's
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-20-2003, 2:48 PM Reply   
when they talk about boss speakers they are talking about the boss accessories. the makers of the towers and speaker/lighting systems. the boss electronics you have to be careful of and their speakers are down right stinky. the amps are fair to below average.
Old    mbsteve            05-20-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
glad i got that straight
Old    chris_hargis            05-21-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
Steve, I installed a Boss Rip495 to run my 4 Infinity Reference speakers on my tower and they sound great to me. I am sure there are better amps out there, but I was on a budget and decided to go ahead and get it. I am pleased with it. Now if I would have had more money to spend, I would have went with something else, but it is good for the price.

Take my advice with a grain of salt and at least you will have something salty to go with a beer. Ty has done his homework on stereo equipment and offers great advice, so you should listen to him over me, but I like what I have right now.

(Message edited by chris_hargis on May 21, 2003)
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
thanks chris. i am glad that worked out for you.
Old    chris_hargis            05-21-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
No problem Ty, you always shoot straight with your advice and tell it like you see it. If I would have had more money to play with, I would have gone with one of your recommendations for sure.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
the one thing that is really uplling you through well is the speakers are very nice.
Old    chris_hargis            05-21-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
I agree with that. I had them at a lower volume and was just listening to them and hearing everything so clean. You can hear a difference in the various cymbols used by the drummer, and each instrument of the band. I love the speakers. I wish I had four more in the boat, but that is not in the cards right now. Wife just gave the go ahead for Perfect Pass, so I can't ask for anything else for a long time.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
congrats. worth it.