Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-07-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
I think they are the best binding produced to date. That is bold since I have not tried ALL of the bindings. With that said I think that CWB has taken some notes on the discomforts some have had with the Zues and the slight lacking of some qualities in the touqs and made the perfect blend in the Factions. They are so easy to get on and off and the liner in the boot is supper soft. The pain the the Zues caused over the top of the foot that I have heard many complain about seems to have been taken care of in the Faction. Over all CWB is looking to set new standards for 07 so check them out, they are starting off strong.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Gary ~ CWB fixed that problem on the 07 Zeus as well. The Factions are a sick binding, but wait till you see what they did to the new Zeus. 07 is going to be a big year for CWB.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-07-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Ya the 07 Zeus is going to be sick for shur. I love the 06 Zeus and have never had pain over the top of my foot, neither have any the riders I ride with that are riding the Zeus or any of the riders I have sold the 06 Zeuses to, no complaints at all on comfort or anything about the Zeus for that matter.
The Factions are what I am riding right now and I do have to say they are as cumfy as bindings get with great heel lock.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
every year is a big year for CWB, They are very INOVATIVE
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-07-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
My main complaint with the '06 Zeuses is the heel strap. In my old '04s, the heel strap was adjustable, but they went away from that in the '06s. The strap is what causing me the most discomfort, otherwise the footbed and plate are a far improvement over earlier models.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-07-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Gary, glad you like the Factions. They definitely are stupidly comfortable. You could use them as slippers around the house.

I can't wait for the new Zeus' with the articulated toe pieces, but in the meantime I'm digging my '06 Zeus'.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Tim,

I removed that strap. Much better in my opinion.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
I agree with J-Rod, remove the strappy thing. I've done that with all my Zeus boots dating back to 2004. It makes them much more floppy and fun. I used to take out the heel cup too but that isn't really possible with the 06's. As for Factions being freakin sweet, I concure.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
Just rode the Factions and I agree....siick binding.

I guess my only complaint is that the hingetech device opened up on crashes b/c the binding is sooo damn soft but I guess that is a good thing....let me go on crashes and hold me while riding.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
No Big Ed it shoudent come open on crashes. Adjust the hinge tighter, so they dont pop open. Its really easy to do, takes 10mins.
Old    pitbull813            07-08-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
My brother just got a pair of the '06 torqs. I am completely blown away with the ease of entry and how amazingly comfortable they are. I can't wait to get a pair myself. You can't beat 'em for the price either.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Jeff,REALLY??They were not mine so I didn't want to start adjusting my buddy's bindings,just tried them for a 5 minute set but I really like them.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Ya they are adjustable. You can dial them in really easy, so the hinge clamps in tighter.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
yeah but the back of my leg opens them up b/c the top of the binding is soft so it opens it like you would with your fingers just with the back of my calf.hope that makes sense?!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
Ya that makes sense, I had a customer that had that same problem, but when he tighted the hinge tighter, it stoped happening he told me. I personally have never had that problem with my Factions, but everyone different.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Does this happen to your friend, when he rides them?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
He demoed them as well an he said he experienced the same thing.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Now that I think about it...the hingetech was a lot easier to close shut then on some torqs and zeus I rode so tightening might help.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-08-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Glad to hear good things about the Factions...But I freaking love my zeus'
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Ha, ha Ed.... they're like ejector bindings. Actually, what you said is true. They are very soft and on crashes or really hard landings it is possible to flex the bindings to the point of popping the hinge. It helps to tighten the cable up.

Just something to keep in mind, but they are a binding that is designed to be very comforable and flexible for beginner/intermediate level riders. They also have great support for a binding in that price range. If you are riding hard enough to pop those bindings regularly you probably ought to be looking at the Zeus'. Fortunately for the Zeus lovers out there (myself included), the '07 Zeus' will have the same killer articulated toe pieces as the Factions.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-10-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
Damn it Evan, Now I am going to have to get a pair of those. I need a second job.

Saw you leaving Orwood on Sunday, I was going toward Holland Trac to ride.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
I'm older and don't like the energy I use getting into and out of my Hyperlite splits, which seem otherwise adequate for my tame riding. My son has Byerly with the Boa system and he likes them but we've had to replace a rediculous number of caps. I demoed the Zeus this past weekend at Tahoe, I assume 07 but maybe 06, and loved how they felt but tweaked an ankle on a stupid fall (I take a lot of those) because although the foot hold is tight and the ankle hold is tight, the flex is very floppy. I kind of like feeling a more solid connection between foot and ankle (one less joint to worry about) Has anyone else had this impression? Do the Factions have more ankle support? Thanks for the good info.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-10-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
Zues has the most ankle support, Factions next, then the touqs.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Tried these on at Gary's the other day... Whhhhewww... I might be in the market for some new bindings, unexpectadly. :-)
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
Gary, still like them.... Laces broke after two day of riding.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
lol.. well that sucks. maybe im not in the market Tim =P
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-11-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
I had the same problem as Big ed with them popping loose from my calf. I had tightened the cable as tight as I could get it and they would still pop loose. I tried the smaller size and tighten that cable all the way down. I guess I just have big calves. Everytime I went to change edges quickly the hinge would pop loose. I am going back to the Ultras.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-11-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
I got 1 complaint with my zeuz's, and I think the factions/torqs are the same, I dont like the lace holding mechanism they came up with. My laces tangle, no matter what.

I'd like to pick up some of the clips that nice uses on teh prs1, and put them on the laces (so the laces will clip to the other laces and not get tangled.

anyone know where I can get thoes?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-11-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
dj & the guys with the lace issues I have a very simple solution. Call CWB and get a second pair. I did and they shot out a packet and I got it in 2 days. Then since the Zeus comes with laces that are ridiculously long you gotta shorten them. It won't void any warranties or anything. Just open the boot up as wide as you need to get in, give it a few extra inches and pull the ends down, eye ball it and tie a knot, you can then put the end cap back on(you must untie your knot though). Be safe and leave yourself a few extra inches. Trust me once its all cinched down I just let my laces flail around as they are so much shorter that they don't tangle or bug me at all. Plus the whole setup looks cleaner without all those dreadlocks flying about.
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
well after all the hype the factions are getting I had to go try them on. I ended up buying them on the spot. Everyone is right, best bindings ever!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-11-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
YES TIM I STILL LOVE THEM. It is a simple fix just a knot that came loose. Kind of like the one you'll have trying to beat me to that TS-3.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-12-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
ha, ha.... I agree with Stephan about the laces. I shortened mine and haven't had any problems since then. I'd expect a solution next year.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-12-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
ok i tried the factions, zeus, and shanes and watsons. ended up with the shanes. i like the LF system of getting in with ease. that wrap is just friggin awesome i timed myself loosening the laces, getting in both bindings, tightening the laces and clipping the magneato ends and it took me 45 seconds total only because i was trying taking my time to cinch them like i normally would....the even better part was getting out. which took 13 seconds total. the CWB bindings i know for a fact took longer for me to get into and out of. plus there is less mechanisms on the LF stuff. I think the Factions are great bindings, I had little quirks i didn't like about the Zeus bindings. The shanes and watsons were on point. however i am worried about them ripping or breaking. All the bindings i guess have the pluses and minuses.