Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    sparky68            08-03-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
I going to go finless this weekend. Do you guys fill the holes left behind or let it fly? If yes, what do you use to fill?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
nope dont fill it... doesnt affect at all..... but why are you going finless? if i can ask
Old    7ftdubup            08-03-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
finless is better cause the holes splash up water and cool you off
Old    sparky68            08-03-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
That's funny Benny.

Ryan, Want to really work on my edging. I'm one of those that got sucker into buying "THE BOOK" and they state that" Fins are a way to help you cheat". Don't get me wrong Buying the book was the best 100 bucks I've spent so far. I like using the drills they have to warm up.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2005, 10:04 PM Reply   
ya learn how to edge but then when u got the idea put them back in... helps you with bigger tricks.... a center fin is mainly for landings, it does affect when learning cause ur not on your edging......
n e ways the moral is PUT THEM BACK IN ASAP and put on 5 more feet of rope

Old    7ftdubup            08-04-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
Depends on what board your riding, Premier, Byerly, Substance, anything Gator, Absolute, Marius, leave em off, they really serve no purpose. They molded in fins should do plenty to stabalize landings.
Old    wbhata            08-04-2005, 8:33 AM Reply   
Hey Sparky, can you burn me a copy of The Book? I'm young and don't have the extra money right now. This sport is expensive enough.
Old    7ftdubup            08-05-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
nothing like skrewing the producers who sell very few copys anyway
Old    wickedwake            08-05-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
jump on the bandwagon...that was a copy and paste from wakeboardalabama...dutch
Old    7ftdubup            08-05-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
i didnt copy and paste, i remembered
Old    wickedwake            08-05-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
LOL! Just as good I suppose
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-05-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
The fins do serve a purpose. You can ride with or without.

For me:

Absolute - with
Marius - with
Substance - without
Byerly - with
Premier - without
Old    7ftdubup            08-05-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
Absolute and Byerly have the deepest molded in fins of all of those except the premier (which are the same)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
just roamin through
Old    sparky68            08-07-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
hey guys thanks for all your replies.

D Sanchez, Dude, I'd like to help. I own my own business in Socal and alot of the people in the industry are my customers. To screw them is to screw me. Besides it's illegal and what sort of example would I be setting for your young developing mind.

To the rest I ride a HL State 145, I'm a pretty big guy. I love the board and they claim to have a total of 14 fins. BUT, 8 of them are so small they only help on glass. 4 typical molded fins and two center removable. Obviously it's the two center I'm thinking of removing.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-07-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
Give it a try and see how you like it. I took mine off my Absolute. I might as well throw them out. I love it w/o, and will never put them back on.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-07-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
the absolute with and without fins are two completely different boards, i wont ride it with them in but ill ride a tfd with fins......absolute without fins is my board of choice!

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
I ride a 138 parks finless, sometimes I put on a set of .7 fins but very seldom, only if attempting something new.

I think it feels more like a snowboard without the fins, it definatly takes some time to get used to, but once you learn it is very hard to go back to fins.