Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-10-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Ok, I'm laughing as I type this because I can't believe that I still can't keep my eyes OPEN during my rolls!!! Please somebody help give me something to focus on that might help me to fix the squinting problem when I throw the roll!!
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-10-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
One of my friends tries to focus on the tower, also helps his body position
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Get your head around faster. No body sees anything when they are flipping their head across the sky or horizon so fast even with their eyes open...you'll only be able to see once your head stops moving. So keep your chin to your lead shoulder and you'll be able to spot your landing 3/4's of the way around.
Old     (jxn_bonifay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-10-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
i have the same trouble ... the sun always blinds me and all i can see is a half circle from where the sun like burned my retna
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-13-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
eventually you can kinda slow things down and you will be able to see when your going uspide down and see the water.. just have to do about a 100 flips before that happens.lol
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       02-14-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
super glue or duck tape you eye lids open. haha
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-14-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
seriously after my first 100 flip attempts i could finally see what was going on before that every flip was giant blur till either me or my board hit the water.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-14-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Assuming your talking about HS rolls my suggestion would be to learn ts backrolls. Then go back and forth doing both over and over until you start to "see". It takes some time but eventually you will both "feel" and "see" the trick and know how it is turning out the second you are in the air.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-27-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
I'm surprised I don't have trouble landing them. Near the end of the season last year, I started taking these a lot bigger and found that I as seeing the lip of the second wake on the way down. I guess I'll just keep rolling!