Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-21-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
I just had my knee scoped and had micro fracture surgery. Now I get to be be on crutches for 6 weeks and hope to be on the water full tilt by June 1. I've been hobbling around for all of one day and my pits are so as F from the damn crutches... 5 weeks and 6 days to go!

-Uj
Old     (dwhouston)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-21-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
tore my LCL, Calf Muscle and partial ACL wakeskating this past summer and still not at 100% Trying to heal up fast
Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-21-2013, 4:54 PM Reply   
Torn labrum in left shoulders wakeboarding had surgery in sling for 4 weeks getting back to 100%. Could not move arm for 6 weeks and not allowed to board for six months ugh
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-21-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
Misery loves company! I had shoulder surgery 3 yrs ago and probably will need the other one done in a year or so.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-22-2013, 2:37 AM Reply   
Had an ACL reconstruction done almost a year ago now. Easing back into it at the mo. Flying out to Fl a year and a day post-op for a few weeks to make up for a ****ty summer
Old     (WakeboardChurch)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-22-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
Right knee ACL reconstruction, microfracture, and scope, and Left knee scope. Injured last July, surgery last August, and doing therapy ever since. Got back on the board to take some short cable laps earlier this month and now I'm starting to get some of my ollie-power back. It's a long road, but hard work, persistence, and prayer pay off! Keep at it.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-22-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
waiting for surgery 6th march on my left shoulder, torn the rotator couff of the bone and some nerve damage , the surgeon tells me it will be at least a 12 month recovery, not looking forward to it at all.
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-22-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Rotator cuff repair three years ago. It has to be one of the worst to recover from. I was wakeboarding in seven months, but took about a year to be back to full strength.
Had knee scoped for meniscus tear on January 7th. Thankfully no ligament damage. Went snowboarding 3 1/2 weeks later.
Looking forward to summer!
Old     (dccd45)      Join Date: May 2012       02-22-2013, 6:24 PM Reply   
Recovering from my 3rd shoulder surgery in 3 months. Had a labrum and rotator cuff repair in mid November. Fell in my kitchen in December and tore out all the hardware. Yesterday I had a manipulation and the surgeon cleaned out some scar tissue. Made more progress today in therapy than I have had my entire recovery. Can't wait to get behind the boat!!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-23-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
Bill, I had rotator cuff surgery 3 yrs ago, healed up great in 4 months, but I was also 26 at the time. Had a herniated disc this winter I went under the knife for, then went in again to clean out a staff infection. hoping it's good to go for spring. Feels great, but you never know. Don't want to tempt fate I guess!
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-23-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
the surgeon is telling me because of my age it will take at least 5 months before i can lift my arm to shoulder height. Less is best he tells me. Just want it done so I can ride my bike and use my jetski again, bought a new seadoo rxp x and tricked it up just a little, so it is really quick. !!!!!!
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-23-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
Lisfranc fracture right foot in July. Screws removed thanksgiving. Was cleared by dr to exercise fully on jan. 15, been busting my ass at gym ever since to be ready for lake season.

My foot hurts bad 24 hours straight after a good workout, and is stiff in mornings, pops and cracks, but every week I can tell its getting stronger and less sore. Just ran 4 miles 2 days ago. Couldn't walk the next day, but getting better none the less.
Old     (jsmilez321)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-23-2013, 9:47 PM Reply   
What's up guys,
I feel like we are all in the same "BOAT"...wow sorry i can't believe I just typed that. Anyways, i am six weeks out of a pretty major operation. Took a nasty spill out Co. snowboarding right before christmas. had surgery around the beginning of January.I have a full labrum, 60% rotator cuff, AC reconstruction, and complete corarcoclavicular tear with a cadaver ligament replacement. ..Shew! it is even hard to type. I have been in PT for the last 6 weeks in passive treatment, essentially stretching, and start the next phase monday which will actually start doing some strength building. Wish me luck. This has been one of the most painful things i have ever done, but god willing i will be surfing by May / June and on the board by July! Gonna work my A@# off to get stronger than last year.

threw in a pic my wife took Post Opp... pretty crazy everyone says i look like happy zombie haha
Attached Images

Old     (HighWater)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-25-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
2 weeks post op from nerve decompression surgery, and found my peroneal nerve has been partially torn which has caused my foot drop. Original injury was 8-22-12 when I suffered a tibial plateau fracture and the tibia displaced so bad it stretched and partially tore the nerve. Looks like a tendon transfer is next. Will never be the same again, just hopes of walking without a brace and being able to walk barefoot without high stepping one day. GRAPHIC PIC BELOW haha