Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 supra 21v and keep 2 750s in the back 1100 in the middle
And throw 400 up front. Been playing with the kdw and nn and just can't seem to get it right. I raise my kdw but Lowe my nn and
My pull isnt consistent. I've heard in Rpm
Mode the pull will be more consistent. Any truth?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-08-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
it may react a little faster in RPM mode. Worth a shot. I'd call PP about recommended settings for your setup. Mine performs great with factory settings, though I run less weight, so I haven't had to deal with those issues. Did have some hardware issues they resolved without any hassle and were happy to talk and diagnose. Call and ask their recommendation. Worst case would be not enough power for the weight and you'd need to do some work to your engine to get more power. It's a lot of weight for a stock small block to push, so more power or less pitch prop would be your last resort.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2012, 4:46 AM Reply   
I did change the prop as well.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-09-2012, 5:43 AM Reply   
call PP, they will set you up, tell them how much weight you are running and the prop and they will give you some recommended settings and how to adjust it little by little. i did that with mine and i believe they told me to leave one of them alone (don't remember if it was the kdw or nn factor but one of them they said leave at factory settings and just work with the other. over time i ended up changing both just a tad and it works great. IMO RPM mode works great and is a consistant pull under two conditions, the first is that you are going pretty fast (like 24-25 mph maybe more. my rpm mode doesn't really work well unless its about 25 or higher and in my boat, we ride at about 22 so it doesn't really work for me. the other is how hard someone is pulling. if you have someone riding that is a heavier dude, or someone that rides with a strong edge and pulls HARD back on the boat, you will have to do ALOT of adjusting on the fly. but either way make sure you are paying attention when someone is riding. i always have my hand on the throttle and know that in my boat if someone is pulling out to the left side i have to give it a little more gas while they are pulling, if they are pulling out to the right i have to let off just tad...granted PP is suppose to do this for you, but this is really only when i have someone back there that is really pulling hard.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-09-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
I feel your pain nothing worse than having PP that doesn't work right. I was having the same issues very inconsistent pulls.Couple things that I did that helped my PP out was first I moved the PP motor to get a straighter angle on the cable mine had a 90 degree turn in the cable(this helped a bunch I felt). The other thing that helped was adjusting the KDW. Everything that I was reading and feeling was that the PP was not adjusting to the speed change quick enough. I believe in the PP manual it says to move the KDW up for quicker throttle response but with mine that made the problem worse so I started adjusting it down and it got better found the sweet spot on my boat with the KDW at 50.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-09-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
My paddlewheel stopped working last year and I used RPM mode as a fix. It worked okay as a temporary fix, but was much worse at driving double ups/turning. I do not think it is a viable long-term solution. When I was researching the paddlewheel issue, I remember people talking about the location of mounting the paddlewheel can determine its effectiveness.

FYI, I ended up getting a nauticlaugic GPS system that plugged into the Perfect Pass as a replacement for the paddlewheel. Works great.