Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    sealbeachkelly            02-07-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
This boat is hot, just took my first ride, the wake was the biggest and best I've ever ridden.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-07-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
is this a blatantly biased salesperson opinion, or should i trust you
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hmm, 1st time poster and his occupation is in Boat Sales. Yea I trust this opinion. Come on Kelly there are better ways to advertise this boat instead on this forum where you stand to get flamed.
Old    cal_air            02-07-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think it's a fiberglassed jungle gym myself? If I wanted to watch T.V. I'd stay home. I'm also curious Kelly what wakes you've ridden?
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
Hey, y'all are misreading the post. Notice that he put a ROFL smiley after his "hot" comment. Looks like he's trying to tell us the boat is NOT hot.

Now, THAT I might believe.
Old    cal_air            02-07-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
look at his prfile. A for sure biased opinion like Jim said.
Old    cal_air            02-07-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Look at his profile. A for sure biased opinion like Jim said.
Old    sealbeachkelly            02-08-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
Yes, talk is cheap, but as soon as the L. A.Boat Show is over I'll set up a Demo day and if I'm wrong you can tell me to get bent.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
So, you can set up a demo day huh, I guess that means you are working for Regal? Nah, you can get bent right now.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Kelly said: "just took my first ride, the wake was the biggest and best I've ever ridden".

Put up or shut up.

What other boats have your ridden and how were they set up?

What level rider are you?
How much experience do you have with other wakes?
How was the boat sacked?
How did the wake compare to the best sacked wake from CC/MC/BU?
How did the boat track and drive while sacked and yanked on by the rider?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Excellent questions, dane!

Kelly?
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
Also, What is up with with the farm influence on that boat? It has a tractor's driver seat on the transom, and what looks like a mecanical bull in the boat, or at least the handle from one.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
Kelly, we still want answers to the above questions.

Also, looking at this picture from the regal website, it looks like the wake is clean for a very short throw.
It also looks like there is evidence of serious bow-rise and deep-v rider-pull tracking issues.

regal
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
Uh, did all the passengers pose for the picture? All passenger hands are in the air and the rider's only halfway through his trick.
Old    sealbeachkelly            02-08-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
Salesperson? yes, "blatantly biased" no, do I work for Regal? no, Rider? My riding/water skiing days are long over, but I still drive and have a love for the sport and boats. It sounds like most of you have had a bad experience with sales people, sorry about that! But, all of my customers get to drive, ride and yank as much as they want before they take the boat home. Oh, I have not tried to sale you anything

See it for yourself at:
http://www.waterskimag.com/eBrochure/Main/1,2967,7-1-2-18674-15-66274-0-3,00.html

Trevor Hansen on the Session 22XI wake.
"It's perfect, actually. Everyone who's ridden it says it's the best wake out there. It's got a great shape, good for all riders at any level. Not too steep, it's just right."
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
Does Trevor ride for Regal? If so, Regal's gettin' their moneys worth.

By the way, looks like you missed the questions above. Would you care to answer them?
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-08-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
Kelly, about your link, you can look at any boat on the waterski mag's website and they will all say the same thing:
Great Boat!
Handles Perfect!
Huge Wake!
Luxurious!
yada yada yada
It is one big advertisment magazine not an honest review
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2003, 11:25 PM Reply   
Errrrr
at the beginning:
"just took my first ride, the wake was the biggest and best I've ever ridden"

Later:
"My riding/water skiing days are long over, but I still drive and have a blah blah blah"

Oh, have you given up riding yesterday, or are you a complete troll?

This isn't a forum for free marketing, if you want to advertise start paying Dave some money.

(Message edited by ralph on February 08, 2003)
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Hey Joe and everybody else,

Yes Trevor Hansen is sponsored by Regal. But it even gets more sketchy. His father (Andy Hansen) was one of the designers of the boat. Hmm. Dad helps design the boat and son gets signed. Yea. O.K. Trevor's quote is credible. Then again when are you going to hear any pro say the boat manufacturer that sponsors them sucks.

The boat may rock. But I'm not going to believe anyone who stands to make money off the product. The true test comes from the regular person who has to drop 45-50K on it.

Kelly, if you don't work for Regal then who do you work for?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-09-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
the boat is useless, with all of the "extras" they have added, there is no room for extra sacks, i hope the wake is huge with no weight, but i highly doubt it.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-09-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
i saw one today at the boat show and wouldnt care to ride behind it based on what i saw.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-09-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
it is an interesting boat, and definately boats like these should help bring new ideas into the marketplace. sure not all of them are good ideas depending on who you ask, but they are trying new stuff and that is cool.
Old    indo            02-09-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
I also met trevors dad at the boat show today and saw the regal for the 1st time today. I wasnt to impressed with the interior, it looked cheap. (very thin padding on the seats etc.) their was alot of sales pitches flying around about "we designed it around the lifestyle" or "it has the biggest wake ever." i think the boat is way over priced. I told him that I am a loyal nautique person and could get a 210 for the same price. he told me if wanted a real wakeboard boat get a session, if i wanted a luxury runabout get a 210. I had to laugh and walk away.
Old    indo            02-09-2003, 7:09 PM Reply   
here a picture

Old    indo            02-09-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
another
Old    indo            02-09-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
last one
Old    dragon88            02-09-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
wow thats pretty flame-tastic...
1. the T.V. monitor would probably be extemely hard to see in direct light (aka a sunny day at the lake)
2. who wants to be playing games or watching T.V. when they could be rideing/waching the rider.
3. "If you want a real boat get a session, if you want a luxury runabout get a Nautique" um....last time I checked Regal makes runabouts....Never seen a Nautique runabout.
4. that tower doesn't look sturdy at all
(sorry if i pointed out the obivious in this post, but trying to even compare a Regal to a Nautique is absoultly rediculos (sp) or comparing a Regal to any real wakeboard boat.)
5. I like how they try to put Nautiques down in that quote I used in #3.....so its bad to use high grade stuff now? In that case i have a "Portaboat" whith woden seats and rows, that must be the most advanced wakeboarding tech it will make regal angry, beacuse it also could be used for a work out. it also folds down to be 6" thick. WOW!!!

(Message edited by dragon88 on February 09, 2003)
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       02-09-2003, 9:21 PM Reply   
I saw it today too, didn't like it at all. Tower sucks/butt ugly and too much exposed fiberglass- I can see myself slipping on it while getting back in the boat. There's also no storage for additional sacks. That entertainment center is a waste of space and money. The driver seems isolated from everybody else-felt like I was sitting in a enclosed cockpit. I sat in those bucket seat things too, you won't catch me riding in one of those- thin padding too. The sales person knew absolutely nothing about wakeboarding or the boat. The price tag was $52K, I would definatly buy something else if I had the cash. Who knows maybe they're ahead of the times right now, but I doubt it.
Old    allaboutwake            02-10-2003, 12:16 AM Reply   
it that kinda like if bayliner made a wakeboard boat?
Old    nick360            02-10-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Bayliner did, they were called the Ski Challenger and Wake Challenger. Maxxum also made a couple of inboards as well. And then there was the Ski Ray, which was built by Sea Ray.
Old    nick360            02-10-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
Oh, and I almost forgot Cobalt, they spent a couple of years in the inboard business as well.
Old    jjeboarder            02-10-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
Is this runabout/wakeboard boat a I/O?
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
No. It's a V-drive, using Mercruiser power, a Walters v-drive, and I don't know what kind of transmission.
Old    hockeyruss            02-11-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
It's all good, but for Regal and Cobalt to come into the market and go right for the 60k range, they have to have a couple of screws loose. Now, if they designed a v-drive for the high 20's or low 30's, they would generate some sales and make a name for themselves. At this price would you rather have a Team Edition Nauty or a runabout with a dvd player??????
Old    leggester            02-11-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
Actually, for that price I'd guess I'd go for the Regal or Cobalt. A lot more room in their boats.

Please define runabout? Gee, I thought they were I/Os with an Open Bow. If it's just an open bow, then I gues most of the new boats are runabouts.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-11-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
It was 52,900 at the Atl boat show. You could get a loaded Supra SSV for 40k out the door plus 3k of options tossed in. They sold 40 boats at the show. I would be surprised if Regal sold one. It's just too much cash for an unproven boat.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-11-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
Wake looks good but very narrow. Doesn't look comfortable to be in.

As for the wake is huge comment, there have been several people here that say the wake is huge behind several comp boats with only stock ballast. It's all relative.

A test drive would be great to prove us wrong but I don't even see anything GOOD about the boat.

DVD player? Who the heck is going to use that? What's next, a basketball hoop?
Old    blake_s22            02-12-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
i rode behind it at the hasens wake board camp and it was a decent boat had some strange seating but kinda cool the the wake was ok but not comparable to a san and it still had a lot of problem when i was their we all voted on the name andy asked us to its original sticker were called the x zone kinda of a knock off of X star but the boat in general just felt like a runabout bow rider

(Message edited by blake_s22 on February 12, 2003)
Old    gregpinch            03-03-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
I just came back from a week at the Hansen's camp as well. The boat is great for wakeboarding but that is all. It sucked for wakesurfing and with the seating all facing backwards you would not want to go out for a cruise in it. The tower is underscalled but the wake was pretty sweet. This boat does not have storage to put fat sacks BUT it does not need them.
Overall the boat was pretty sweet. I watched Trevor board behind it a few times and he seemed to be pretty happy about it.