Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2002, 5:24 PM Reply   
I heard that hoochies were easier to try off of a Double Up at first. Has anyone else heard this?? Also, I'm not the best at grabbing with my front hand (I can do a few though with a 180). So should I just try to stick OHH's first and then go back to "hoochies"??? Can anyone help me out????
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       06-09-2002, 9:10 PM Reply   
OHH's are acually quite a bit harder, they feel kind of uncomfortable at first, I say try the reg hoochie and then the OHH and see which one you feel more comfortable with. Make sure that you dive if you are going to crash hoochie glides off double up can cause serious belly floops, but there a lot of fun.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2002, 10:02 AM Reply   
jim,
i am not good at grabbing with my backhand either. i have just landed my first hoochies within the past two weeks though. as i am landing, i start to put my back hand back on the handle. that might be the wrong way to do it, but its a start. and it wasnt off a double up. we still need to go ride sometime.
Old    eyesman            06-10-2002, 10:12 AM Reply   
rear hand, ohh, two hands on the handle, hoochie, etc. i'm confused;)????????????

I know what this trick looks like(in a pic)but...Is the hoochie glide a trailing hand grab or a leading hand grab??

and...which is harder - hoochie or raley????

Thanks!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2002, 10:41 AM Reply   
a hoochie is leading hand grab and a ohh is a rear hand grab. from what i understand, the ohh is harder, but i havent attempted it yet.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2002, 10:43 AM Reply   
a hoochie is leading hand grab and a ohh is a rear hand grab. i was just saying that when i go to grab the board with my front hand, i have trouble landing a trick while only holding on with my back hand. as for which is harder, i am not sure. they took my about the same number of tries to stick the move.
Old    eyesman            06-11-2002, 10:49 AM Reply   
matt,

thanks. i totally follow you. i would think that grabbing with your trailing hand would be easier. grabing with your front hand would seem
to cause a rider to land switch if not given enough time??

either case, i will wait until the end of the season to try;)

Old    tc_boards            06-11-2002, 1:14 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of me doing both tricks.

OHH
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=2373

Hoochie
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=2374

The Hoochie is easier to do than the OHH. The OHH if not done right you will land facing upward and on your head.

I'd suggest try the Hoochie first.
Make sure that you exaggerate the bending of your knees when going for the grab.
Old    eyesman            06-11-2002, 2:00 PM Reply   
tony,
the pics and descriptions make sense IF you ride goofy. you do ride goofy, right?

for a hoochie it would seem perfecting a method would be a good start - because of the rear hand grab and bending your knees - only with this trick the board is behind you and exaggerated.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-22-2002, 12:56 PM Reply   
Which should i do first hochie or raley?
Old                06-30-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
Learn the raley first. The hoochie is NOT a grabbed raley. They are two totally different cuts. The raley is a heavily loaded rope. The hoochie is a fast cut, but not a lot of line tension. By learning the raley first, you will develop the strength to pull the board back under you.