Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    gurlrider            02-26-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
What up y'all!!! I am fresh off the farm (not really) and new in SoCal. It is cold, rainy and crapy up north, and I'm ready to get down in the sun and have some fun. I wakeboarded a bit last year, and it was awesome! I want to step it up a little, plus I don't have my boat yet. How does a girl hook up around here? What's the wakeboarding scene in SoCal in the summer?

(Message edited by gurlrider on February 26, 2004)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-26-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ali where did you move to down here in socal?
I could possibly hook you up with some pulls.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Where in socal did you move? I could get you started, I started a wakeboard school and am looking for students. Check out the website, www.westsidewakeboard.com .
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       02-26-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Most the guys I ride with are gay and don't usually have girls on their boats, but maybe if you bring them some nice lingerie for them to wear they'll reconsider.

Just Kidding....They're Bi-, Just kidding again (now I really am not gonna get any pulls) there are tons of people on here that I ride with and especially now that it's cold, I'm sure it's harder to find a 3rd. If I ever hear that someone needs a third...we'll look you up. Also, try posting in the find a third/need a third forum.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
Noonan!! What up you big lug?! What have you been up too lately? By next week the weather should be getting better. I don't know if I want to invite you though, just for the sake of the comment. You and your boyfriend can come on up.
Old    gurlrider            02-26-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Lingerie?? How 'bout just a bikini? I'll make it a skimpy one :-) Seriously though, I'd like to hook up sometime...thanks Dan. Brandon, I checked out your website, way cool - I'll probably be giving you a call.... I don't even care if it's cold, I'm used to chilly weather. I have a dry suit. I could use all the help I can get - need to get a little more stylin' before summer hits! What can you teach me? I can get up and stuff, but no cool tricks yet.

Oh, and I moved to Valencia - it seems cool, got hooked up with a job. Needed a change.
Old    mklucas            02-26-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
Ali, I usually ride at least once a week at either Castaic or Piru, about 10 and 20 minutes from you respectively. I might be going out this weekend, send me an email with your phone number, I'll give you a call soon.

merlinlucas@verizon.net
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-27-2004, 12:50 AM Reply   
post a pic of yourself.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-27-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
to get free rides all you have to do is put out and you will be good to go.
Hey skylar are you still ridding now or are you waiting for it to warm up.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       02-27-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Apparently Skylar and JONb weren't the guys I was referring to in my post! HA!

Brandon...just let me know when...I'm totally down to head over the hill. I rode on Monday or Tuesday with Gid & Jason and it was a blast.

I'll post pics later. It was the first I'd rode in like a month and 1/2, but I rode pretty well...coming close on my HS 180s (not REALLY close, but the rotation feels good and I'm landing on the board. Talk to you soon Bro!

(Message edited by depswa on February 27, 2004)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Uh, thanks for inviting me Noonan!
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-27-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
ya im riding when i can, between school, work, and this weather. its hard to find good days. but when i can, i do.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       02-27-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
Joe,
Are you available durnig the week? We mainly ride in the mornings? Where are you living...Irvine? We definitely gotta hang out.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2004, 11:05 PM Reply   
Dan,

Yeah, I'm available almost any morning, from Irvine. How far is it to Castaic, 1.5hrs?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2004, 11:29 PM Reply   
Actually, I would need a day or two's notice, just so I can tell my boss.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-28-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
More like 50-60 minutes. I wanna ride tomorrow Sunday at Castaic. Need someone else that drives a boat.