Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
What current board most closely resembles the Hyperlite Motive 144? Shape and ride characteristics? Would the LF Trip be close? What else would ride like a Motive? Or what else is a great board to progress on? I know that's a stupid question and is based on personal preference but I would love to get some opinions.

I have been told that the Motive is one of if not the best board to learn on. Unfortunately I can't find one to buy so I am looking for a comparable board. I can land a few inverts and some spins but i'm looking to learn a bunch more tricks quickly.

Right now I have a CWB Marius 140 and a SS Response 145.

Thanks!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
In all seriousness, if you have a few inverts and some spins, I would move onto something other than the Motive. A trip is a decent board. You could also go with the PS3 or a Watson.

Ronix makes the Viva which I highly recommend.

In Hyperlite, I would check out the Tribute.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-19-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
I rode the Hyperlite Belmont/Motive series of boards for years, but after breaking my last board I decided to go with the Liquid Force Lyman 142. I am a bigger guy at 6'5" and 250lbs, and I absolutely love the way the Lyman rides as compared to the Belmont/Motive boards that I rode for so many years.

If possible, you might want to take the Lyman for a ride before making a final decision.

Rob
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
That's what I thought too but today I just landed a TS Backroll and a 1/2 Cab roll on the Motive. Something I couldn't do on my SS or my Marius. I took a lesson with Nick Heaney today in Long Beach and that's what he said I should get. I can't argue with that!

By the way Nick Heaney is an amazing coach. I would highly highly recommend a few sets with them if you live in So Cal. http://www.wakexperience.com/
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-19-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
I used to ride the Belmont (motive shape) went over to aggressive boards for a bit and have now found my way to the Bill which reminds me a bit more of the motive, nothing too aggressive, a solid performer, tons of speed, very stable. If you're looking around I suggest that.
Old     (XChris1632X)      Join Date: May 2010       07-19-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
Evogear.com has motives for 150.00 in the outlet section
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-19-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Hyperlite state is close also, but had toe side fins that are a little larger for edging.