Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-18-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
You should hang with Moose. He'd be all about the magic, especially if you were to let him know about the giant vat of white chocolate!!

Best of luck to the new Company on the block.

Edit: I'm actually curious how Slingshot/Company vary with regards to the process of building boards. Wood, fiberglass and foam. Sounds like all boards made. Is it not compression molded foam? How do you guys lay the glass differently? Please explain the process!

(Message edited by Stephan on December 18, 2008)
Old     (seager_marine)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-18-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
I heard it was done by Hot Girls on Skates!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-18-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Company Wake, thank you very much.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-18-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
i cant wait till this starts turning into a three front war company vs slingshot vs humanoid!

NOT!

but it is enevitable i guess, just like hyp, lf, obrien, cwb, etc etc fans will always be at each other. Hopefully i will always be able to maintain my, "support all companies and love to know about all companies, but have a special reserved additional respect for flex"- point of veiw.

(how about that for a super long adjective eh?!)
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-18-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
has anyone here actually ridden both a Slingshot, and a Company board? aside from those who are reps for the respective companies?

winter is definitely here!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-18-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
By train (ttrigo) on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:53 am:

winter is definitely here!

-------------------------------------------------

Yes yes it is, you can totally tell that its winter on the board right now.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-18-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
lol everyone is super cranky.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-18-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
I just got home haven't check this since yesterday WOW THIS THREAD BLEW UP!!!! all I asked was the company good, I don't think I got a straight answer yet lol!!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-18-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Either way I think you'll be fine.

I love my slingshot, haven't tried a Company... but I'm sure I would like a company way more than an old type board.

The only thing I could think would be an issue (doesn't mean it is/will be) is a some of the time first gen boards have some issues that are worked out in the 2nd year of the board.

Slingshot changed stuff from 07 to 08 because the 07 had issues.... Look at the first year Byerly legacy, they made the single most heavy board I have ever seen, and it rode like it was attached to an anchor....the next year they fixed it.

That would be my only concern with Company, first gen bugs.... but it seems like they've done a lot of proto work and being in the same factory with SS it maybe perfect as is.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-19-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Do slingshots ride small? I want a 137 I'm 5'11 170ish and love the feel of a smaller board so should I go 141 or 137?
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-19-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
I would recommend the 37 for your height and especially if you like the ride of a smaller "foot-print" below you.

Other riders should be able to add to this too.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-20-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
damn 170 i wouldn't ride anything smaller than 140, but to each his own i guess
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
I'm with Luke on this one. At 170lbs a 137 shouldn't even be a thought 141 for sure. I know little girls that kill it on 137's. Are you a little girl?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-20-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
slingshots ride big. when i took one for my first spin it was a 138 and im 6 foot 210. That was on cable though. But still it rode awesome. The nice part is they are really light so you can ride bigger if you want. I like bigger boards cus they land softer, and while slingshots land soft, i dont think any board will ever be soft enough after your knees have been taking a pounding in the flats for a decade.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-20-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
thanks for gettin my back Kris
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-20-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
I guess I should add I am riding cable, I have a premier 141 for the boat

(Message edited by jdwake1 on December 20, 2008)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-21-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
a bunch of pricks runnin around here on the good ole WW...

nothing new, just you[re same old BS.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-21-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Hey Rob or Travis or anybody, how well does the fins hold up on sliders and kickers. I like to ride finless on sliders and w/fins on kickers. I once tried to ride a press with fins on a flat box and it tore one of them off. It was a crappy fin, not the one the press comes with but never the less I'm worried if I ride the reflex with fins at my cable(KC!!!) then I'll damage the fins and need to keep replacing them. I'm either going to buy a Liquid force Press or the Reflex. I'm leaning toward the reflex right now though.
Does the reflex board flex as much as the others? I was watching an old video of the slingshot crew and someone was standing in the middle of the board on the grass and bending the HELL out of it. It was moon shaped. Coolest thing I saw on the video and it was a sick video. Plus the video on wakeplace.com with the 360 nose press that board bends CRAZY. Man that looks like fun. I might just have to look into the flex boards
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-24-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
TS,
new fins are great! super strong and hold up well. i like to slide without fins but thats only cause it feels like im on the snow. you will love the reflex. trust me, once you go flex you will never go back.

..and thanks for the stoke on my nose press from the wakeplace.

kaesen