Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    alanp            07-23-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
seems like we should have a THANK YOU category so everyone that bums a ride that feels the need to say thank you can do so. or we could just say thank you at the boat dock or a private email. or i could just not open the thank you email threads but sometimes i get sucked in with the thread titles. oh well, thanks to everyone that has ever given me a pull.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Alan, life is like that buddy, just go with the flow. In my years on WakeWorld, I've not noticed these posts to generate that much volume. I'm sure your time is valuable, as is mine, but as I think of all the thousand-something annoyances I encounter or get "sucked in" to in an average week, I cannot get too upset or bothered if people want to express thanks just one more time to others who are doing well for our riding community.
Old    alanp            07-23-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
nah, im not disgruntled. i was being a little facetious regarding the need for a new category. maybe just a little perplexed at the need to thank someone on here.

(Message edited by alanp on July 23, 2005)
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
I'd like to also thank anyone who has givin me a pull.
Andrew
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Alan,

I would venture to guess you are complaining about our post a couple days ago regarding another great day on the lake with friends.

Maybe we do need another category for stuff like this, but since there is not one, we use this one. We could probably use one for "which is the best boat, board", etc, one for "injuries, aches and pains", one for "new to boarding - what do I buy", etc. This really does not fit in the "non-wakeboarding" since it IS about boarding.

I looked back at the post, and could not see where the problem was. More than saying thanks, we also were just letting others know we had a great time. Out of probably 10 persons on the boat throughout the day, it seems like a good way to "discuss", and since this is a "discussion" board, I am not sure why you are "perplexed". I see many thread titles, and sometimes I open them and discover I have no interest in what is in them. I just don't go back and look at them, then scroll down to the next one. 20 seconds out of my life, and I am on to the next one. No big deal.

I am sure we all know the expense, elbow grease, and fun involved in loading, hauling, driving, and cleaning the boat just for one day of fun (in my case, sometimes only 3-4 hours, and it takes the same amount of work, etc). Friends pitch in, say thanks at the dock, etc. I don't have a problem with them jumping on later and saying thanks. I am also thanking them for a great day.

I am not trying to be sarcastic. I hope it does not come across that way. I agree maybe another category could be of benefit, but you are still going to have to click on a title and see if it is something you are interested in.

Doc Oc,

I like your post. Could not say it better.

Oh yea! Thanks everyone
Old    stormrider            07-23-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
Go Alan!!!!!!
Old    alanp            07-23-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
buzz there was no problem. i was cranky.
cowen where have you been? i saw you had some back issues hopefully, you can recover.
im landing a ton of new tricks including a hoochie glide and ts 540. hopefully ill see you guys on the water again. and thanks for the pulls.
Old    stormrider            07-23-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
Hey, Alan.

Hoochie glide and ts 540! Awesome. I'm not at all surprised. I always thought you had the right approach for progressing in this sport.

Yep, my neck is a mess. Wasted two discs and now have nerve root compression/impingement at c6 and c7 which, as you might guess, can be a wee bit painful! God is good, though. When this all came about, being a Christian, I did what Christians try to do and determine where the Spirit was leading with all this. My sense is that there won't be any supernatural healing but that things will heal slowly over time. Doctors, on the other hand, want to fuse three and maybe four of my vertebrae! My advice to Andrew, and I guess to everyone else, get a baseline x-ray, at least, on the condition of your spine, then keep an eye on what is happening to the curve and especially the disc spacing.

Sorry I did not get back to you on your Roth IRA question. Let me know if this is still something I might help on.
Old    walt            07-23-2005, 9:09 PM Reply   
Maybe we should have a category for petty complaints too ?

Life's to short..... lighten up.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
Alan,

No problem. I hope I did not come across as cranky. Congrats on the tricks!

Steven,

Have not talked in a while. I was hoping I would hear that you were getting better. Backs/necks are a bear sometimes. Best of luck in the process. Still want to get out with you soon. Went to Mission Bay the other day. I kind of miss the taste of the bay water! I know, I'm kind of messed up that way. Grew up in the stuff, but the past few years have been spoiled on nice, clean San V water.

Talk to you soon.