Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-20-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
I was board and watched a promo DVD of SeaDoo's and was a little surprised to see the improvements on their "wake boat." it actually somewhat resembled a wake boat compared to the last one that i saw that tried to bounce off mastercraft's names (the X-20)

230 Wake http://www.brp.com/en-US/Products/SeaDoo/SportBoats/Showroom/Wake230.htm
Speedster Wake (looks like the 'ol X-20) http://www.brp.com/en-US/Products/SeaDoo/SportBoats/Showroom/SpeedsterWake.htm

Anyway, remind me again why jet boats are not so great for wakeboarding (never been on one). Is it more because of the hull design or is it simply the fact that it is jet propelled. I want to think that the mode of propulsion would be least influential... but i really don't know much on this subject.

how would the wake behind this jet boat compare to a typical I/O boat?

What makes the wake bad behind these? is it that the wakes are soft, and/or bad shape, and/or lack of height?

I imagine this has been covered in the past (when the x-20 came out) but i thought i had questions that would not be covered, especially in the light of "improvements" made recently.

***is it possible to make a jet-boat remotely decent for wakeboarding... say for a pro rider?***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what i did notice right off the bat in the specs, is that the max capacity (2000 lbs) is nothing impressive compared to a malibu or something
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-20-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
accidentally stumbled on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WuqHQXOVaY&feature=related

i think this is a jet wake boat, thats what it looks like anyways, and theres a good shot of the wake. I think what it comes down to basically is that jetboats and IOs just dont sit low in the water, as compared to inboards. im sure there are other reasons but thats a big one
Old     (hot_karl)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-20-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
It is an awesome boat, I'd buy three if I had the money.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-20-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
NO
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-20-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
i had one last year and i change to a Malibu VLX 08. Dont buy this at all, forst of all if you pass over grass in the water you will have to jump in the water every time to get them out under the trap ( under the boat ) Even if you are dry after your late night session chilling at 1h am in the morning ! That pissed me of
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2008, 11:28 PM Reply   
someone said something about the way jetboats are, weight will simply put more pressure on the prop and won't make the wake bigger, makes sens in my head, just don't know if it's true. I don't think they will ever be able to compete with bottom of the line wake boat companies until the put together some sort of wake[boarding] team.

"What goes up doesn't always come down. Just ask any wakeboarder who rides behind the new Speedster Wake. Fitted with a 600-lb. (272-kg) ballast tank and a seven-foot tow point above the water for extreme altitude. And a 310 HP or 430 HP power pack option that creates a serious launching pad. It not only defies description - it defies gravity."

I can just see in my head the salesman selling this boat, selling along with it a wake tech skurfer and a neon fullsuit. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5xsYrKP9LU]

what's the roll bar for?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
fwe thigns come to mind. the wake is non existent at normal sppeds....I have seen a decent wake...but yrou going abtou 15 mph. these boats handle any weight like crap...they turn into buses. A decent rider will pull this boat around trying to cut in.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-21-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
you can wakeboard on snot?
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
999 out of 1000 people on this forum will tell you not to buy it
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
999.9999 you get the point, But hey its your money do with it what you want.