Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    toeside and heelside            09-04-2001, 7:15 PM Reply   
all right... no one say "look at the ww homepage..." because I've read that already...

anyway, i just recently learned wake 2 wake (toeside and heelside) but i'm not getting a lot of height. I uploaded a video of my highest toeside (it's a crash, but i can land it). Tell me what you see that I'm doing wrong. also, check out the wake...
http://www.geocities.com/nighthawkb/toewake2wakecrash.mpg

Thanks in advance...
Peace,
Ittai
Old                09-04-2001, 7:18 PM Reply   
link doesnt work...
Old                09-04-2001, 7:19 PM Reply   
just copy the lettering... then it should work...
dunno why the link's messed up...

Peace,
Ittai
Old                09-04-2001, 7:36 PM Reply   
Everything looks good, all your missing is load. You edge well and you ride up the wake well. You arent really loading the line, though. Get out there and as you progressively edge in, try to tear the tower off the boat!! In order to hold that kind of tension on the line, you will have to really set that edge in deep. Then stand tall as you pop. Keep the handle in tight. You will notice that as you go bigger the handle is more difficult to keep in. Good luck!

Jason
Old                09-04-2001, 7:48 PM Reply   
So you're sayin that i gotta get a deeper edge, and stand taller?

what do you mean by "try to tear the tower off of the boat"? Like... pull really hard on the line?

Peace,
Ittai
Old                09-04-2001, 8:02 PM Reply   
Exactly! The tension you pull on the line is what gives you your height. As you edge in you should be increasing your tension on the line, timing it so that you reach maximum possible tension as you leave the wake. You cannot hold that kind of tension without a solid deep edge. You cannot edge that deep unless you have the tension to hold you up. So both have to come together. If you put alot of tension but have a weak edge, you wil start to slide as you cutting. That sucks! If you set a hard edge but dont load the line you will just sink the board and fall over. You gotta have a balance of the two. Dont worry about speed so much as loading the line. Really fight the boat all the way o the wake. Good Luck, Jason
Old    I LOVE DISCOVERY BAY!            09-04-2001, 8:23 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot. That does make sense... I'll try that out this weekend (I LOVE DISCOVERY BAY!)
if there are any more tips... I welcome them all...

Peace,
Ittai
Old                09-05-2001, 1:17 PM Reply   
instead of trying to do a huge, deep edge, take a nice solid cut at the wake and about 3 feet from the wake, roll off the edge and bend your knees so you are really low to the water. right when you hit the base of the wake, pull the rope into your hips rather hard. this pull will put a lot more tension on the line and give the board more speed as you hit the wake. as you hit the wake, you almost want to do a bunny hop, the quick straitening of the legs kind of deal. you should be able to get plenty of air. this method doesn't give quite as much height or distance as described earlier, but it gives you a nice stable base to learn off of.

later,
brett
Old    boardergirl128            08-22-2002, 5:13 PM Reply   
carve hard, bend low then stand up when youstand up when you hit the wake maby it will work for you
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-22-2002, 6:53 PM Reply   
Not meaning to dis anyone, but you really don't want to bend low before the wake and then jump like you were on a snowboard. That will totally illiminate all of the pop that your progressive edge is supposed to build up.
During your cut keep your handle low and dig in with your heels. Keep your shoulders back as if you were sitting in a chair, this should help your cut. When you hit the wake let all that pressure under the board pop you up. Good luck.